A CHOICE OF SECTIONS OF ELECTRIC WIRES AND CABLES IN CIRCUITS OF DEVICES OF HIGH-VOLTAGE HIGH-CURRENT IMPULSE TECHNIQUE
Keywords:high-voltage high-current impulse technique, electric wires and cables, calculation choice of boundary permissible sections of wires and cables in the circuit of impulse technique
AbstractPurpose. Implementation of calculation choice of sections of electric wires and cables in circuits of devices of high-voltage high-current impulse technique (HHIT), characterized flowing of pulsed current ip(t) with different amplitude-temporal parameters (ATP). Methodology. Electrophysics bases of technique of high-voltage and high pulsed currents, theoretical bases of the electrical engineering, bases of electrical power engineering, technique of high electric and magnetic fields, and also measuring technique. Results. The results of the developed generalized electrical engineering investigations are resulted in a calculation choice on the condition of thermal resistibility of cable products of boundary permissible sections SCil of the electric uninsulated wires, and also insulated wires and cables with copper (aluminum) cores (shells) with polyvinyl chloride (PVC), rubber (R) and polyethylene (PET) insulation, on which in the circuits of HHIT the axial-flow of pulsed current ip(t) flows with arbitrary ATP. On the basis of this approach the results of concrete choice of sections SCil are presented for the indicated electric wires (cables) of power circuits of HHIT with pulsed current, ATP of which with amplitudes of Imp=(0.1-1000) кА change on an aperiodic law or law of damped sinusoid in nanо-, micro- and millisecond temporal ranges. The results of calculation estimation present maximum permissible approximations of δCil of pulsed current ip(t) of the examined temporal shapes in the indicated electric wires and cables of power circuits of HHIT. It is shown that the values of current approximations of δCil for the uninsulated copper (aluminum) wires in the nanosecond temporal range of ATP of pulsed currents ip(t) are about 495 (293) kA/mm2, in the microsecond temporal range – 26 (15) kA/mm2 and in a millisecond temporal range – 543 (320) A/mm2. By a calculation it is set that for the insulated wires (cables) with copper (aluminum) cores (shells) and PET with insulation the indicated current approximation of δCil is approximately: for the nanosecond range – 361 (233) kA/mm2; for the microsecond range – 19 (12) kA/mm2 ; for the millisecond range – 396 (256) A/mm2. Originality. Firstly by a calculation for the concrete temporal shapes of pulses of current ip(t) in the discharge circuits of HHIT, changing in the wide range of the amplitudes Imp on a aperiodic law or law of damped sinusoid, the numeral values of cross-sections SCil and current approximations of δCil are obtained for the uninsulated wires, insulated wires and cables with copper (aluminum) cores (shells) with PVC, R and PET insulation. Practical value. Application in practice of model tests of objects of electrical power engineering, aviation and space-rocket technique on resistibility to direct action of pulsed currents ip(t) with different ATP of natural (currents of lightning) and artificial (discharge currents of HHIT) origin to increase electro-thermal resistibility of the electric uninsulated wires, and also the insulated wires and cables with PVC, R and PET insulation of HHIT widely applied in power circuits.
1. Mesiats G.A. Impul'snaia energetika i elektronika [Pulsed power and electronics].Moscow, Nauka Publ., 2004. 704 p. (Rus).
2. Baranov M.I. Izbrannye voprosy elektrofiziki. Tom 3: Teorija i praktika elektrofizicheskih zadach [Selected topics of Electrophysics. Vol. 3: Theory and practice of electrophysics tasks]. Kharkiv, Tochka Publ., 2014. 400 p. (Rus).
3. Orlov I.N. Elektrotehnicheskij spravochnik. Proizvodstvo i raspredelenie elektricheskoj energii. Tom 3, Kn. 1 [Electrical engineering handbook. Production and distribution of electric energy. Vol. 3, Book 1. Ed. I.N. Orlov].Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1988. 880 p. (Rus).
4. Baranov M.I., Rudakov S.V. Electrothermal action of the pulse of the current of a short artificial-lightning stroke on test specimens of wires and cables of electric power objects. Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics, 2018, vol.91, no.2, pp. 544-555. doi: 10.1007/s10891-018-1775-2.
5. Baranov M.I., Kravchenko V.I. Electrothermal resistance wire and cable to the aircraft to the striking action pulsed current lightning. Elektrichestvo, 2013, no.10, pp. 7-15. (Rus).
6. Knopfel' G. Sverkhsil'nye impul'snye magnitnye polia [Ultra strong pulsed magnetic fields].Moscow, Mir Publ., 1972. 391 p. (Rus).
7. Baranov M.I., Kniaziev V.V., Rudakov S.V. Calculation and experimental estimation of results of electro-thermal action of rationed by the international standard IEC 62305-1-2010 impulse current of short blow of artificial lightning on the thin-walled coverage from stainless steel. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2017, no.1, pp. 31-38. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2017.1.06.
8. Baranov M.I. Izbrannye voprosy elektrofiziki: Monografija v 2-h tomah. Tom 2, Kn. 1: Teorija elektrofizicheskih effektov i zadach [Selected topics of Electrophysics: Monograph in 2 vols. Vol. 2, book. 1: Theory of electrophysics effects and tasks].Kharkov, NTU «KhPI» Publ., 2009. 384 p. (Rus).
9. Ricketts L.U., Bridges J.E., Mayletta J. Elektromahnitnij impul's i metody zashchity [Electromagnetic pulse and methods of protection].Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1979. 328 p. (Rus).
10. Myrova L.O., Chepizhenko A.Z. Obespechenie stojkosti apparatury svyazi k ionyzyruyushchim i elektromahnytnim izlucheniyam [Ensuring stability of communications equipment to the ionizing and electromagnetic of radiations].Moscow, Radio and Communications Publ., 1988. 296 p. (Rus).
11. SAE ARP 5412: 2013. Aircraft Lightning Environment and Ralated Test Waveforms. SAE Aerospace.USA, 2013. − pp. 1-56.
12. SAE ARP 5416: 2013. Aircraft Lightning Test Methods. SAE Aerospace.USA, 2013. − pp. 1-145.
13. Baranov M.I., Kravchenko V.I., Nosenko M.A. Experimental research into electrothermal stability of aircraft metallic elements against direct action of artificial lightning current. Part 2: stability of copper wires and cables. Electrical Engineering & Electromechanics, 2011, no.2, pp. 46-55. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2011.2.11.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 M. I. Baranov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.