ELECTRIC GENERATOR IN THE RECUPERATION SYSTEM OF THE ENERGY FROM MECHANICAL OSCILLATIONS IN VEHICLES
Keywords:electric energy recuperation system, synchronous generator, permanent magnets, mathematical model
AbstractThe paper deals with the system of mechanical energy recuperation of vehicles in the useful electric energy accumulated in the rechargeable battery. This system creates an additional power supply on board of the vehicle and, based on the principle of energy conservation, increases the efficiency of the use of the fuel of the primary engine. One of the main elements of such system is an electric generator, which transforms the mechanical energy of the oscillations of the vehicle's chassis into electric energy. The problem of choosing and optimizing the design and parameters of the generator is considered in the paper. Given the peculiarities of the functioning of the vehicle, the most appropriate type of generator in such system is a synchronous generator with permanent magnet, which has significant structural differences from conventional synchronous machines with permanent magnets. The criterion for optimizing the generator is the largest value of the effective value of the EMF, which is induced in the stator winding. On the basis of simulation results, based on the field mathematical model, a set of values of generalized coefficients that characterize the optimal generator geometry is obtained.
1. Drive2 – Automobile Journal. Electromagnetic suspension Bose. Available at: https://www.drive2.ru/b/721443/ (accessed 13 September 2016). (Rus).
2. Drive2 – Automobile Journal. GenShock — suspension system performing the function of energy regeneration. Available at: https://www.drive2.com/b/668040/ (accessed 11 May 2016). (Rus).
3. Audi MediaCenter. The innovative shock absorber system from Audi. Available at: https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/press-releases/the-innovative-shock-absorber-system-from-audi-new-technology-saves-fuel-and-enhances-comfort-6551 (accessed 20 June 2017).
4. Vaskovskyi Yu.M., Haydenko Yu.A. Research of electromagnetic processes in permanent magnet synchronous motors based on a «electric circuit – magnetic field» mathematical model. Technical Electrodynamics, 2018, no.2, pp. 47-54. (Ukr). doi: 10.15407/techned2018.02.047.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 Yu. M. Vaskovskyi, M. V. Poda, I. V. Koshikar
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.