DETERMINATION OF PULSATION FACTORS OF THE SYSTEM OF SUPPRESSION OF INTERFERING HARMONICS OF A SEMICONDUCTOR CONVERTER
Keywords:pulsation factor, interfering harmonic, automatic control system, double-sided pulse-width modulation, semiconductor converter
Purpose. The purpose of the paper is to define the pulsation factors of a closed-loop automatic control system (ACS) of interfering harmonics containing a semiconductor converter with double-sided pulse-width modulation (PWM), as well as confirmation of theoretical assumptions about possibilities of self-compensation of pulsation factors’ influence in the system with double-sided PWM. Methodology. The research was conducted with the usage of classic electric circuit theory, frequency analysis methods, generalized function theory. Results. The obtained expressions mathematically relate pulsation factors, value of the damping coefficient and manipulative variable for different frequencies of interfering harmonics in the system with double-sided PWM. The research concerned harmonics with frequencies 100, 300, 600, 900 and 1200 Hz as the most significant constituents of the output voltage of a 12-pulse semiconductor converter. The obtained expressions allow taking into account settings of the selective link and its approximation on the level of supreme frequencies with aperiodic link. Originality. The research has experimentally proved theoretical assumptions about self-compensation of pulsation factors in the system with double-sided PWM. It has been shown that the damping coefficient has a low-impact influence on the values of pulsation factors. It is caused by the pass band of the selective link, which is included in the closed-loop control system of harmonics regulation. Practical value. Application of the research results can contribute to the development of the closed-loop control system for effective attenuation of interfering harmonics in direct current contact wire without interfering in the power part of the semiconductor converter. Besides the possibility to regulate output voltage, it will also help to solve the problem of electromagnetic compatibility of a traction substation semiconductor converter with contact wire. The application of the developed closed-loop control system will as well provide for decreasing the size of the filter in the direct current traction substation unit.
1. Richter J., Doppelbauer M. Control and mitigation of current harmonics in inverter-fed permanent magnet synchronous machines with non-linear magnetics. IET Power Electronics, 2016, vol.9, no.10, pp. 2019-2026. doi: 10.1049/iet-pel.2015.0977.
2. Ghanizadeh R., Ebadian M., Gharehpetian G.B. Non-linear load sharing and voltage harmonics compensation in islanded microgrids with converter interfaced units. International Transactions on Electrical Energy Systems, 2016, vol.27, no.1, p. e2237. doi: 10.1002/etep.2237.
3. Panchenko V.V. The harmonic composition of the output voltage of a rectifier unit with a PWM voltage booster converter. Information and control systems at railway transport, 2015, no.4, pp. 71-78. (Rus).
4. Kuznetsov B.I., Nikitina T.B., Tatarchenko M.O., Khomenko V.V. Multicriterion anisotropic regulators synthesis by multimass electromechanical systems. Technical electrodynamics, 2014, no.4, pp. 105-107. (Rus).
5. Sozański K. Three phase active power filter with selective harmonics elimination. Archives of Electrical Engineering, 2016, vol.65, no.1, pp. 33-44. doi: 10.1515/aee-2016-0003.
6. Huang J., Shi H. Suppression of the Peak Harmonics from Loads by Using a Variable Capacitance Filter in Low-Voltage DC/DC Converters. IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, 2016, vol.58, no.4, pp. 1217-1227. doi: 10.1109/temc.2016.2552230.
7. Coillot C., Nativel E., Zanca M., Goze-Bac C. The magnetic field homogeneity of coils by means of the space harmonics suppression of the current density distribution. Journal of Sensors and Sensor Systems, 2016, vol.5, no.2, pp. 401-408. doi: 10.5194/jsss-5-401-2016.
8. Scherbak Y.V., Ivakina K.Y., Panchenko V.V. Factor pulsations automatic regulation with two-way pulse width modulation. Collected scientific works of Ukrainian State University of Railway Transport, 2015, no.153, pp. 113-120. (Rus). doi: 10.18664/1994-7852.153.2015.64336.
9. Panchenko V.V. Dynamic properties of system «rectifier with buck converter – load». Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2013, vol.4, no.8(64), pp. 14-17. (Ukr).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 V. V. Panchenko, A. S. Maslii, D. P. Pomazan, S. G. Buriakovskyi
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.