A TECHNIQUE OF FULL-SCALE MEASUREMENTS OF THE RESISTANCE OF THE GROUNDING DEVICE
Keywords:grounding device, grounding resistance, full-scale measurements, technique, three-electrode installation, zero potential point, system of equations
AbstractPurpose. The measurements of the resistance of grounding devices for various purposes using a three-electrode installation under real conditions are considered. Methodology. On the basis of the use of a three-electrode installation, a technique for full-scale measurements of the resistance of a grounding device of any design in an arbitrary soil structure is presented. Results. Based on the measurement results, a system of sixth-order equations is solved which allows to determine the own and mutual resistances in a three-electrode installation with a sufficiently high accuracy. Originality. It is not necessary to find a point of zero potential. Practical value. The proposed technique allows to perform measurements in conditions of dense urban and industrial development.
1. Natsional'nyy standart Ukrayiny. SOU 31.2-21677681-19:2009. Viprobuvannya ta kontrol' prystroyiv zazemlennya elektroustanovok. Tipova іnstruktsіya [National Standard of Ukraine SOU 31.2-21677681-19:2009. Test and control devices, electrical grounding. Standard instruction]. Kyiv, Mіnenergovugіllya Ukrayiny Publ., 2010. 54 p. (Ukr).
2. Burgsdorf V.V., Yakobs A.I. Zazemlyayushchie ustroystva elektroustanovok [Grounding device of electrical installations]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1987. 400 p. (Rus).
3. Oslon A.B., Kostruba S.I. Measuring the resistance of large grounding devices. Electrichestvo, 2006, no.8. pp. 49-56. (Rus).
4. Chernov K.P. Resistance of grounding conductor and method of its determination with the help of two additional earth leads with unknown resistances. Proceedings of higher educational establishments. Energy problems. 2012, no.5-6, pp. 55-61. (Rus).
5. Yue Yong-gang, Huang Zhi, Dang Da-wei, Meng Qing-da, Wang Ya-ping, Huo Feng, Ye Tao. Grounding impedance measurement for 500 kV substation with lightning line. Journal of Electric Power Science and Technology, 2013, iss.4, pp. 83-87. (Chinese).
6. Oslon A.B., Tselebrovskii Iu.V. The intersection of the potential curves and the resistance of the grounding device III Rossiiskaia konferentsiia po zazemliaiushchim ustroistvam: Sbornik dokladov [3rd Russian Conf. on Grounding Devices: Collected Papers]. Novosibirsk, Russia, 27-31 October 2008, pp. 121-130. (Rus).
7. Oslon A.B., Kostruba S.I. Mathematical modeling of the process of grounding resistance measurement current of industrial frequency in multilayer soil. Electrichestvo, 2008, no.5, pp. 12-17. (Rus).
8. Nizhevskyi I.V., Nizhevskyi V.I. A technique of measuring of resistance of a grounding device. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2016, no.3, pp. 50-57. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2016.3.08.
9. Nizhevskyi I.V., Nizhevskyi V.I., Bondarenko V.E. The experimental validation of the grounding device resistance measurement method. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2016, no.6, pp. 60-64 (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2016.6.10.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 I. V. Nizhevskyi, V. I. Nizhevskyi
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.