ELECTROMECHANICAL TRANSIENT PROCESSES DURING SUPPLY VOLTAGE CHANGING IN THE SYSTEM OF POLYMER INSULATION COVERING OF THE CURRENT-CARRYING CORE OF ULTRA HIGH VOLTAGE CABLES
Keywords:electromechanical transient processes, ultra-high voltage cable, mathematical modeling, frequency-controlled electric drives, polymer insulation covering
AbstractAim. The article is devoted to the analysis of the electromechanical transient processes in a system of three frequency-controlled electric drives based on asynchronous motors that control current-carrying core motion, as well as to the study of the effect of such processes on the modes applying three-layer polymer insulation to the current-carrying core. Technique. The study was conducted based on the concepts of electromechanics, electromagnetic field theory, mathematical physics, mathematical modeling. Results. A mathematical model has been developed to analyze transients in an electromechanical system consisting of three frequency-controlled electric drives providing current-carrying core motion of ultra-high voltage cables in an inclined extrusion line. The coordination of the electromechanical parameters of the system drives has been carried out and the permissible changes in the supply voltage at the limiting mass while moving current-carrying core of ultra-high voltage cables with applied polymer insulation have been estimated. Scientific novelty. For the first time it is determined that with the limiting mass of the current-carrying core, the electromechanical system allows to stabilize the current-carrying core speed with the required accuracy at short-term decreases in the supply voltage by no more than 27 % of its amplitude value. It is also shown that this system is resistant to short-term increases in voltage by 32 % for 0.2 s. Practical significance. Using the developed model, it is possible to calculate the change in the configuration and speed of the slack current-carrying core when applying polymer insulation, depending on the specific mass of the current-carrying core per unit length, its tension at the bottom, the torque of the traction motor and the supply voltage to achieve stable operation of the system and accurate working of the set parameters.
1. Anuchin A., Shpak D., Aliamkin D., Briz F. Adaptive observer for field oriented control systems of induction motors. 57th International Scientific Conference on Power and Electrical Engineering of Riga Technical University (RTUCON), 2016, pp. 1-4. doi: 10.1109/RTUCON.2016.7763157.
2. Krause P.C., Wasynczuk O., Scott D.S. Analysis of Electric Machinery and Drive Systems. Wiley-IEEE Press, 2013. 680 p.
3. Trzynadlowski A. Control of Induction Motors. Academic Press, 2001. 225 p.
4. Bezprozvannych A.V., Kessaev A.G., Shcherba M.A. Frequency dependence of dielectric loss tangent on the degree of humidification of polyethylene cable insulation. Technical Electrodynamics, 2016, no.3, pp. 18-24. (Rus).
5. German-Galkin S.G. Matlab/Simulink. Proektirovanie mekhatronnykh sistem na PK [Matlab/Simulink. Designing mechatronic systems on a PC]. St. Petersburg, Korona-Vek Publ., 2008. 368 p. (Rus).
6. German-Galkin S.G., Cardonov G.A. Elektricheskie mashiny. Laboratornye raboty na PK [Electric machines. Lab. work on a PC]. St. Petersburg: Korona print Publ., 2003. 256 p. (Rus).
7. Zolotaryov V.M., Shcherba A.A., Podoltsev A.D. Modelling of dynamic processes in electromechanical system for the control of superhigh-voltage cable movement in slant extrusion-type line. Technical Electrodynamics, 2010, no.3, pp. 44-51. (Rus).
8. Description of the application SimPowerSystems. Available at: www.mathworks.com (accessed 11 May 2017).
9. Peresada S.M. Nelineinoe i adaptivnoe upravlenie v elektromekhanicheskikh sistemakh s vektorno-upravliaemymi elektrodvigateliami. Diss. dokt. techn. nauk [Nonlinear and adaptive control in electromechanical systems with vector-controlled electric motors. Doc. tech. sci. diss.]. Kyiv, 2007. 472 p. (Rus).
10. Pivnyak G.G., Volkov A.V. Sovremennye chastotno-reguliruemye asinkhronnye elektroprivody s chastotno-impul'snoi moduliatsiei [Modern frequency-controlled asynchronous electric drives with frequency-pulse modulation]. Dnipropetrovsk, NGU Publ., 2006. 468 p. (Rus).
11. Chermalykh V.M., Chermalykh A.V., Maidansky I.Ya. Investigation of the dynamics and energy parameters of an asynchronous electric drive with vector control by the virtual simulation method. Bulletin of NTU «KhPI», 2008, no.30, pp. 41-45. (Rus).
12. Shcherba M.A., Podoltsev О.D. Electric field and current density distribution near water inclusions of polymer insulation of high-voltage cables in view of its nonlinear properties. Technical Electrodynamics, 2016, no.1, pp. 11-19. (Rus).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 V. M. Zolotaryov, M. A. Shcherba, R. V. Belyanin, R. P. Mygushchenko, I. M. Korzhov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.