COAXIAL DISK SHUNT FOR MEASURING IN THE HEAVY-CURRENT CHAIN OF HIGH-VOLTAGE GENERATOR OF STORM DISCHARGES OF IMPULSES OF CURRENT OF ARTIFICIAL LIGHTNING WITH THE INTEGRAL OF ACTION TO 15•106 J/OHM
Keywords:powerful high-voltage generator of current of lightning, measuring coaxial disk shunt, measuring disk of shunt from stainless steel, calculation estimation of parameters of shunt
AbstractPurpose. Description of construction and basic technical descriptions developed and created in Research & Design Institute «Molniya» National Technical University «Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute» high-voltage heavy-current coaxial disk shunt of type of SC-300M2, allowing reliably to measure the peak-temporal parameters (PTP) of impulses of current of artificial lightning in wide peak and temporal ranges with the integral of their action to 15·106 J/Ohm. Methodology. Electrophysics bases of high-voltage impulsive technique, scientific and technical bases of development and creation of high-voltage heavy-current impulsive electrical equipment, including the powerful generators of current of lightning (GCL), and also measuring methods in bit chains powerful high-voltage GCL AVP large impulsive currents of micro- and millisecond temporal ranges. Results. Offered and described new construction of measuring high-voltage heavy-current shunt, containing a measuring round disk from stainless steel easily soiled a 12Х18Н10Т thickness 2 mm and external diameter 80 mm. Experimental a way impulsive active resistance of RS≈0,08 mOhm of the indicated measuring disk and on his basis a calculation coefficient transformation is found of SS of coaxial disk shunt of type of SC-300M2, numeral equal in the concerted mode of operations of his coaxial cable line (CCL) SS≈2/RS≈25·103 A/V. It is rotined that it is expedient to use this value SS for measuring in the heavy-current bit chain of GCL ATP impulsive A- and repeated impulsive D- component of current of artificial lightning, and also ATP of aperiodic impulse of current of artificial lightning of temporal form 10 μc/350 μc. It is set that taking into account application in the end CCL of shunt of a co-ordinate divizor of voltage with two output coaxial sockets 1:1 (for SSA≈25·103 A/V) and 1:2 (SSC≈12,5·103 A/V) at measuring of ATP intermediate B-, protracted C- and shortened protracted C*- component of current of artificial lightning in GCL it is expedient to utillize a numeral value SS for the examined shunt, equal 12,5·103 A/V. Practical approbation and verification of capacity of the improved measuring coaxial disk shunt of type of SC-300M2 is executed in the high-voltage heavy-current bit chain of powerful GCL, forming on the actively-inductive loading of A- and C*- the components of current of artificial lightning with rationed ATP. Originality. Developed and created new high-voltage heavy-current measuring shunt of type of SC-300M2, allowing reliably to register rationed ATP of attenuation sinewave and aperiodic impulses of current of artificial lightning in the bit chains of powerful GCL with amplitude to ±220 кА and integral them action to 13,5·106 J/Ohm. On the measuring coaxial disk shunt of type of SC-300M2 from government metrology service of Ukraine the certificate of accordance of the set form is got. Practical value. Application of the created shunt of type of SC-300M2 in composition the high-voltage heavy-current bit chains of powerful GCL will allow in a certain measure to improve the metrology providing of tests of aviation and space-rocket technique, and also objects of electroenergy on stability to lightning.
1. SAE ARP 5412: 2013. Aircraft Lightning Environment and Ralated Test Waveforms. SAE Aerospace. USA, 2013. − pp. 1-56.
2. SAE ARP 5416: 2013. Aircraft Lightning Test Methods. SAE Aerospace. USA, 2013. − pp. 1-145.
3. Baranov M.I., Koliushko G.M., Kravchenko V.I., Nedzel’skii O.S., Dnyshchenko V.N. A Current Generator of the Artificial Lightning for Full-Scale Tests of Engineering Objects. Instruments and Experimental Technique, 2008, no.3, pp. 401-405. doi: 10.1134/s0020441208030123.
4. Baranov M.I. Izbrannye voprosy elektrofiziki. Tom 2, Kn. 2: Teoriia elektrofizicheskikh effektov i zadach [Selected topics of Electrophysics. Vol.2, Book 2. A theory of electrophysical effects and tasks]. Kharkiv, Tochka Publ., 2010. 407 p. (Rus).
5. IEC 62305-1: 2010 «Protection against lightning. Part 1: General principles». Geneva, IEC Publ., 2010.
6. Baranov M.I., Koliushko G.M., Kravchenko V.I., Rudakov S.V. A generator of aperiodic current pulses of artificial lightning with a rationed temporal form of 10 μs/350 μs with an amplitude of ±(100–200) kA. Instruments and Experimental Techniques, 2015, vol.58, no.6, pp. 745-750. doi: 10.1134/s0020441215060032.
7. Dnyshchenko V.N., Eremeev V.O., Nedzelsky O.S., Ponudzhaeva E.G. SC-300 measuring shunt for determining the amplitude-time parameters of the simulated lightning current pulse. Bulletin of NTU «KhPI». Series: Technique and electrophysics of high voltage, 2007, no.20. pp. 75-79. (Rus).
8. Baranov M.I., Kniaziev V.V., Rudakov S.V. Calculation and experimental estimation of results of electro-thermal action of rationed by the international standard IEC 62305-1-2010 impulse current of short blow of artificial lightning on the thin-walled coverage from stainless steel. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2017, no.1, pp. 31-38. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2017.1.06.
9. Donets S.E., Ledenev V.V., Litvinenko V.V. Rod shunt to measure strong currents of microsecond duration. Bulletin of NTU «KhPI». Series: Technique and electrophysics of high voltage, 2008, no.44. pp. 34-44. (Rus).
10. Available at: http://prom.ua/p19700265-pischevaya-nerzhaveyuschaya-stal.html (accessed 12 June 2014). (Rus).
11. Baranov M.I., Belyi I.V., Khimenko L.T. Equivalent electrical parameters of coaxial systems of various shapes with a homogeneous azimuthal magnetic field in the gap. Theoretical electrical engineering, 1976, no.20, pp. 67-74. (Rus).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 M. I. Baranov, V. V. Kniaziev, S. V. Rudakov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.