ON ELECTROSTATIC ANALOGY OF MAGNETOSTATIC FIELD IN INHOMOGENEOUS MAGNETIZED MEDIUM
Keywords:magnetostatics, magnetized medium, electrostatic analogy, dipole model, magnetization by molecular currents
Purpose. The application in electrostatic analogy of magnetostatics for inhomogeneous magnetized media of two known magnetization models. Methodology. A comparison of basic equations and formulas of electrostatic and magnetostatic field in immoveable isotropic inhomogeneous polarized medium for dipole model and the magnetization model by molecular currents is made. The value-analogues for dipole model of magnetization are established. Results. We have shown that the using of dipole model of magnetization is correct. There is not even formal analogy with electrostatic field in the case of using the magnetization model by molecular currents. The relation between the magnetizations for various models is obtained. It allows us to justify the using magnetization by molecular currents in electrostatic analogy. Originality. The magnetization for dipole model is introduced and the possibility of using magnetization by molecular currents in the formulas for calculating potential magnetostatic field in magnetized medium is substantiated. Practical value. The results allow to obtain correct formulation and solution of the problem of magnetostatic field calculation in inhomogeneous magnetized medium.
1. Polivanov K.M. Teoreticheskie osnovy elektrotekhniki, ch. 3. Teoriia elektromagnitnogo polia [Theoretical foundations of electrical engineering, Part 3. Theory of electromagnetic field]. Moscow, Energija Publ., 1969. 352 p. (Rus).
2. Grinberg G.A. Izbrannye voprosy matematicheskoi teorii elektricheskikh i magnitnykh iavlenii [Selected questions of mathematical theory of electric and magnetic phenomena]. Moscow-Leningrad, Acad. of Sci. USSR Publ., 1948. 730 p. (Rus).
3. Simonyi K. Teoreticheskaya elektrotekhnika [Theoretical Electrical Engineering]. Moscow, Mir Publ., 1964. 775 p. (Rus).
4. Tamm I.E. Osnovy teorii elektrichestva [Fundamentals of electricity theory]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1954. 620 p. (Rus).
5. Brunov B.Ia., Gol'denberg L.M., Kliatskin I.G., Tseitlin L.A., Teoriia elektromagnitnogo polia [Theory of electromagnetic field]. Moscow-Leningrad, Gosenergoizdat Publ., 1962. 512 p. (Rus).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 V. M. Mikhailov, K. V. Chunikhin
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.