APPROXIMATE CALCULATION OF ACTIVE RESISTANCE AND TEMPERATURE OF THE PULSE ELECTRIC ARC CHANNEL IN A HIGH-CURRENT DISCHARGE CIRCUIT OF A POWERFUL HIGH-VOLTAGE CAPACITOR ENERGY STORAGE
Keywords:powerful high-voltage capacitor energy storage, air double-electrode system, pulse electric arc, active resistance of pulse electric arc channel, maximal temperature of pulse electric arc channel
AbstractPurpose. To obtain calculation correlations for active resistance Rce and maximal temperature Tme of plasma channel of pulse electric arc in the air double-electrode system (DES) with metal (graphite) electrodes, and also practical approbation of the obtained correlations for Rce and Tme in the conditions of high-voltage laboratory on the powerful capacity energy storage (CES) of electric setting, intended for reproducing on the electric loading of protracted C- component of current of artificial lightning with the USA rationed on normative documents by amplitude-temporal parameters (ATP). Methodology. Electrophysics bases of high-voltage impulse technique, scientific and technical bases of development and creation of high-voltage high-current impulse electrical equipment, including powerful CES, and also measuring methods in discharge circuits of powerful high-voltage CES of pulse currents of millisecond temporal range. Results. On the basis of engineering approach the new results of approximate calculation of values of Rce and Tme are resulted in the plasma channel of pulse electric arc discharge in air DES of atmospheric pressure with metallic (graphite) electrodes. Practical approbation of results of calculation of values of Rce and Tme is executed as it applies to air DES, to connected in a discharge circuit of powerful high-voltage CES with protracted C- of component current of artificial lightning, characterized rationed ATP. It is shown that calculation of numeral value Rce approximately in 100 times exceeds the proper value of active resistance for the plasma channel of impulsive spark of electric discharge in air DES other things being equal, and a calculation of numeral value Tme well corresponds with the known thermodynamics information for classic electric arc in air DES of atmospheric pressure with graphite electrodes. Originality. New engineering approach is developed for the approximate calculation of values of Rce and Tme in electron-ion plasma of channel of pulse electric arc, arising in air DES of high-current discharge circuit of powerful high-voltage CES of proof-of-concept of electric setting of the technological setting. A formula is first obtained for the approximate calculation of equivalent active resistance of Rce of channel of pulse electric arc in air DES, remaining unchanging in the process of high-current discharge on RL- load of indicated CES. Practical value. Drawing on the got calculation results for the values of Rce and Tme in high-voltage impulse technique provides the rational choice of own electric parameters and construction elements of basic devices of powerful high-voltage CES of technological of electric setting, and also account of influence of electrical engineering descriptions of air DES on electromagnetic processes, taking place in the high-current discharge circuit of indicated CES with protracted C- of component current of artificial lightning.
1. Dashuk P.N., Zayents S.L., Komel'kov V.S., Kuchinskiy G.S., Nikolaevskaya N.N., Shkuropat P.I., Shneerson G.A. Tehnika bol'shih impul'snyh tokov i magnitnyh polej [Technique large pulsed currents and magnetic fields]. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1970. 472 p. (Rus).
2. Baranov M.I., Koliushko G.M., Kravchenko V.I., Nedzel’skii O.S., Dnyshchenko V.N. A Current Generator of the Artificial Lightning for Full-Scale Tests of Engineering Objects. Instruments and Experimental Technique, 2008, no.3, pp. 401-405. doi: 10.1134/s0020441208030123.
3. Baranov M.I. Izbrannye voprosy elektrofiziki. Tom 2, Kn. 2: Teoriia elektrofizicheskikh effektov i zadach [Selected topics of Electrophysics. Vol.2, Book 2. A theory of electrophysical effects and tasks]. Kharkiv, Tochka Publ., 2010. 407 p. (Rus).
4. Kuz'michev V.E. Zakony i formuly fiziki [Laws and formulas of physics]. Kiev, Naukova Dumka Publ., 1989. 864 p. (Rus).
5. Raiser Yu.P. Fizika gazovogo razryada [Physics of gas discharge]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1987. 592 p. (Rus).
6. Baranov M.I. A close calculation of active resistance of plasma channel of a spark digit is in the high-voltage heavy-current air switchboard of atmospheric pressure. Bulletin of NTU «KhPI». Series: «Technique and electrophysics of high voltage», 2017, no.15(1237), pp. 5-11. (Rus).
7. Baranov M.I., Rudakov S.V. An approximate calculation of energy dissipation and electric erosion of electrodes in the high-voltage high-current air switch of atmospheric pressure. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2017, no.3, pp. 32-39. doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2017.3.05.
8. SAE ARP 5412: 2013. Aircraft Lightning Environment and Ralated Test Waveforms. SAE Aerospace. USA, 2013. − pp. 1-56.
9. SAE ARP 5416: 2013. Aircraft Lightning Test Methods. SAE Aerospace. USA, 2013. − pp. 1-145.
10. Abramov N.R., Kuzhekin I.P., Larionov V.P. Characteristics of penetration of the walls of metal objects when exposed to lightning. Electricity, 1986, no.11, pp. 22-27. (Rus).
11. Baranov M.I. Izbrannye voprosy elektrofiziki. Tom 3: Teorija i praktika elektrofizicheskih zadach [Selected topics of Electrophysics. Vol. 3: Theory and practice of electrophysics tasks]. Kharkiv, Tochka Publ., 2014. 400 p. (Rus).
12. Baranov M.I. An approximate calculation of the maximum temperature of the plasma in high-current high-voltage spark discharge channel switch air atmospheric pressure. Tekhnichna Elektrodynamika, 2010, no.5, pp. 18-21. (Rus).
13. Berzan V.P., Gelikman B.Yu., Guraevsky M.N., Ermuratsky V.V., Kuchinsky G.S., Mezenin O.L., Nazarov N.I., Peregudova E.N., Rud' V.I., Sadovnikov A.I., Smirnov B.K., Stepina K.I. Elektricheskie kondensatory i kondensatornye ustanovki. Spravochnik [The electrical capacitors and condenser options. Directory]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1987, 656 p. (Rus).
14. Baranov M.I., Koliushko G.M., Kravchenko V.I., Nedzel’skii O.S., Nosenko M.A. High-voltage high-current air-filled spark gaps of an artificial-lightning-current generator. Instruments and Experimental Techniques, 2008, vol.51, no.6, pp. 833-837. doi: 10.1134/s0020441208060109.
15. Baranov M.I., Rudakov S.V. Development of new charts of capacitance-resistance defense of high-voltage capacitors of powerful capacity stores of energy from emergency currents. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2015, no.6, pp. 47-52. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2015.6.08.
16. Lozanskiy E.D., Firsov O.B. Teorija iskry [Theory of spark]. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1975. 272 p. (Rus).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 M. I. Baranov, S. V. Rudakov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.