RESONANT PROCESSES IN STARTING MODES OF SYNCHRONOUS MOTORS WITH CAPACITORS IN THE EXCITATION WINDINGS CIRCUIT
Keywords:salient-pole synchronous motor, capacitors, excitation winding, resonance, static characteristics
AbstractPurpose. Development of a mathematical model that enables to detect resonance modes during asynchronous startup of salient-pole synchronous motors, in which capacitors are switched on to increase the electromagnetic moment in the circuit of the excitation winding. Methodology. The asynchronous mode is described by a system of differential equations of the electric equilibrium of motor circuits written in orthogonal coordinate axes. The basis of the developed algorithm is the mathematical model of the high-level adequacy motor and the projection method for solving the boundary value problem for the equations of the electric equilibrium of the circuits written in orthogonal coordinate axes, taking into account the presence of capacitors in the excitation winding. The coefficients of differential equations are the differential inductances of the motor circuits, which are determined on the basis of the calculation of its magnetic circuit. As a result of the asymmetry of the rotor windings in the asynchronous mode, the current coupling and currents change according to the periodic law. The problem of its definition is solved as a boundary one. Results. A mathematical model for studying the asynchronous characteristics of synchronous motors with capacitors in an excitation winding is developed, by means of which it is possible to investigate the influence of the size of the capacity on the motor's starting properties and the resonance processes which may arise in this case. Scientific novelty. The developed method of mathematical modeling is based on a fundamentally new mathematical basis for the calculation of stationary dynamic modes of nonlinear electromagnetic circuits, which enables to obtain periodic coordinate dependencies, without resorting to the calculation of the transients. The basis of the developed algorithm is based on the approximation of state variables by cubic splines, the projection method of decomposition for the boundary value problems of the calculation of the established periodic modes and the differential method of calculating static characteristics. Practical value. Using the developed algorithm of calculation it is possible to determine the required capacitances of the capacitors in the excitation winding to start the synchronous motor and to investigate the possibility of occurrence of the resonance at startup with the selected capacitance value of the capacitors by calculating the static characteristics as a sequence of asynchronous modes.
1. Boroday V.А. Racional'ni parametry i puskovi vlastyvosti synhronnyh dvyguniv z vazhkymy umovamy pusku. Аvtoref. diss. kand. tekh. nauk [Rational parameters and starting properties of synchronous motors with heavy start conditions. Abstracts of cand. tech. sci. diss.]. Lviv, 2009. 19 p. (Ukr).
2. Malyar V.S., Maday V.S., Dobushovska I.A. The dependence of a synchronous motor starting torque on the type and value of the resistance in its exitation winding. Electromechanical and energy saving systems, 2012, no.3(19), pp. 99-101. (Ukr).
3. Malyar V.S., Malyar A.V. Mathematical modeling of periodic modes of operation of electrical devices. Electronic Modeling, 2005, vol.27, no.3, pp. 39-53. (Rus).
4. Malyar V.S., Malyar A.V., Dobushovs'ka I.A. Simulation of asynchronous modes of synchronous motors with capacitors in the excitation circuit. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2012, no.5, pp. 31-33. (Ukr). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2012.5.06.
5. Malyar V.S., Malyar A.V., Dobushovska I.A. Static characteristics of synchronous motor with capacitors in excitation circuit. Tekhnichna elektrodynamika, 2012, no.1, pp. 57-62. (Ukr).
6. Pivnjak G.G., Kirichenko V.I., Borodaj V.A. About new direction in improvement large synchronous electric motors. Technical electrodynamics. Thematic issue «Problems of modern electrical engineering». 2002, chapter 2, pp. 62-65. (Rus).
7. Pyvnjak G.G., Kyrychenko V.Y., Borodaj V.A., Petrov A.G. Selection and arrangement of external capacitors of synchronous motors with excitation winding of special design. Materialy mezhd. nauchn.-tekhn. konf. «Problemy avtomatizirovannogo elektroprivoda. Teoriia i praktika» [Proceedings of the Int. Sci.-Techn. Conf. «Problems of automated electric drive. Theory and practice»]. Kharkov, 2002, pp. 171-173. (Rus).
8. Filc R.V., Ljabuk N.N. Matematicheskoe modelirovanie iavnopoliusnykh sinkhronnykh mashin [Mathematical simulation of explicitly polarized synchronous machines]. Lvov, Svіt Publ., 1991. 176 p. (Rus).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 V. S. Malyar, V. S. Maday, I. R. Kens
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.