INVESTIGATION OF INFLUENCE OF SEPARATOR MAGNETIC SYSTEM CONFIGURATION WITH PERMANENT MAGNETS ON MAGNETIC FIELD DISTRIBUTION IN WORKING AREA
Keywords:magnetic separator, permanent magnet, magnetic field, finite element method
AbstractPurpose. To carry out research the influence of magnetic system configuration (shape and size of the permanent magnets) on magnetic field spatial distribution in working area of new structure design magnetic separator with active front surface by numerical methods. Methodology. We have applied the magnetic field numerical simulation for permanent magnets system in absence of electrical current in magnetostatic approximation. We have solved the problem by using finite element method. Research of permanent magnets cross-sectional shape influence made in the two-dimensional formulation using software package Elcut. Research of magnetic field induction spatial (three-dimensional) distribution in new construction magnetic separator working area is conducted using software package COMSOL Multiphysics 3.5a. Results. Magnetic flux density maximum in the immediate vicinity of permanent magnet surface provide magnets with spherical and trapezoidal cross-sectional shape. At a distance from pole surface, where the separation process working, magnetic field density produced by trapezoidal and spherical cross section magnets, substantially lower in comparison with rectangular magnets. Rectangular and rectangular with beveled corners cross-section shape magnets create approximately same magnetic field intensity not significantly different in weight. Analysis of the spatial distribution of magnetic field induction in the working area of a new construction magnetic separator has shown that a strong magnetic field with high magnetic flux density gradient value is formed in the interpolar working volume. Originality. For the first time research of magnetic flux density distribution in working area of new construction magnetic separator is conducted. Developed device feature is complex spatial distribution of magnetic field. Practical value. Results of research can be used for selection of rational parameters of separator magnetic system. Received results also can be used for determination of separator force characteristics.
1. Furlani E. Permanent Magnet and Electromechanical Devices: Materials, Analyses and Application. New York Academic Press, 2001, p. 518. doi:10.1016/B978-012269951-1/50005-X.
2. Strnat K.J. Modern Permanent Magnets for Application in Electro-Technology. Proceedings of the IEEE, 1990, vol. 78, no. 6, pp.923. doi: 10.1109/5.56908.
3. Bulyzhev E.M., Menshov E.N., Dzhavahija G.A. Modeling of the field permanent magnet. Proceedings of the Samara Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2011, vol.13, no.4, pp.106-110. (Rus).
4. Bulyzhev E.M., Menshov E.N. Mathematical modeling of the field a permanent magnet. Electricity, 2010, no. 9. pp. 65-69. (Rus).
5. Sandulyak A.A., Ershov D.V., Oreshkin D.V., Sandulyak A.V. Characteristics of Magnetic Field Induction inside a Module of a Magnetic Separator. Vestnik MGSU, 2013, no.5, pp. 103-111. (Rus).
6. Kilin V.I. Kilin S.V. By choosing the pole pitch of the magnetic separator systems for dry processing. Obogashchenie Rud, 2008, no.6, pp. 14-18. (Rus).
7. S. Zeng, W. Zeng, L. Ren, D. An, H. Li. Development of a high gradient permanent magnetic separator (HGPMS). Minerals Engineering, Feb. 2015, vol.71, pp. 21-26. doi: 10.1016/j.mineng.2014.10.009.
8. Lozin A.A., Arsenjuk V.M., Petrivskij Ya.B. Information and analytical technologies at calculation and modeling stationary magnetic systems in the construction of separators based on permanent magnets. Gornyi Zhurnal, 2004, no.5. (Rus). Available at: http://www.prodecolog.com.ua/pdf/gorec.pdf.
9. S. Nedelcu, J. H. P. Watson. Magnetic separator with transversally magnetised disk permanent magnets. Minerals Engineering, May 2002, vol.15, no.5, pp. 355-359. doi: 10.1016/s0892-6875(02)00043-2.
10. Shvedchikova I.A., Zemziulin M.A. Research of the magnetic field distribution in the magnetic disk separator with spiral-type system. Electromechanical and energy saving systems, 2013, no.2(22), part 2, pp. 18-24. (Rus).
11. Shvedchikova I.O., Romanchenko J.A. Diskoviy magnitniy separator [Disc magnetic separator]. Patent UA, no. 110206, 2016. (Ukr).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Juraj Gerlici, I. A. Shvedchikova, I. V. Nikitchenko, J. A. Romanchenko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.