AN ANTHOLOGY OF THE DISTINGUISHED ACHIEVEMENTS IN SCIENCE AND TECHNIQUE. PART 37: NOBEL PRIZE LAUREATES IN PHYSICS FOR 2000-2004
Keywords:modern physics, achievements, semiconductor geterostructure, integrated circuit, condensation of Boze-Einstein in rarefied gases of alkaline metals, space neutrino, space sources of X-rays, theory of superconductors and superfluid liquids
AbstractPurpose. Implementation of brief analytical review of the distinguished scientific achievements of the world scientists-physicists, awarded the Nobel bonus on physics for period 2000-2004. Methodology. Scientific methods of collection, analysis and analytical treatment of scientific and technical information of world level in area of modern theoretical and experimental physics. Results. The brief analytical review of the scientific openings and distinguished achievements of scientists-physicists is resulted in area of modern physical and technical problems which were marked the Nobel Prizes on physics for period 2000-2004. Originality. Systematization is executed with exposition in the short concentrated form of the known scientific and technical materials, devoted creation of semiconductor geterostructures scientists-physicists, integral microcircuit, to the receipt of condensation of Boze-Einstein in rarefied gases of alkaline metals, finding out a space neutrino, opening of space sources of X-rays, development of theory of superconductors and superfluid liquids and opening of asymptotic freedom in the theory of strong interactions of elementary particles. Practical value. Popularization and deepening of scientific and technical knowledges for students, engineers and technical specialists and research workers in area of modern theoretical and experimental physics, extending their scientific range of interests and cooperant of further development of scientific and technical progress in human society.
1. Khramov Yu.A. Istoriia fiziki [History of Physics]. Kiev, Feniks Publ., 2006. 1176 p. (Rus).
2. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhores_Alferov (accessed 15 August 2012).
3. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Kroemer (accessed 25 September 2013).
4. Available at: http://www.phys.msu.ru/rus/about/sovphys/ISSUES-2000/5(19)-2000/19-4 (accessed 11 April 2012). (Rus).
5. Alferov Z.I., Andreev V.M., Rumyantsev V.D. Solar photovoltaics: Trends and prospects. Semiconductors, 2004, vol.38, no.8, pp. 899-908. doi: 10.1134/1.1787110.
6. Baranov M.I. An anthology of the distinguished achievements in science and technique. Part 32: Alternative energy: state and prospects of development. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2016, no.3, pp. 3-16. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2016.3.01.
7. Kuhling H. Spravochnik po fizike. Per. s nem. [Dictonary on Physics. Translated from German]. Moscow, Mir Publ., 1982. 520 p. (Rus).
8. Available at: http://allrefs.net/c24/22vfk (accessed 10 July 2011).
9. Khramov Yu.A. Alpherov Gores Ivanovich. Fiziki: Biograficheskij spravochnik [Alferov Zores Ivanovich. Physics: Biographical Directory]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1983. 400 p. (Rus).
10. Bol'shoj illjustrirovannyj slovar' inostrannyh slov [Large illustrated dictionary of foreign words]. Moscow, Russkie slovari Publ., 2004. 957 p. (Rus).
11. Available at: http://nature.web.ru/db/msg.html?mid=1171898 (accessed 18 September 2013). (Rus).
12. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Allin_Cornell (accessed 21 February 2012).
13. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Wieman (accessed 22 May 2012).
14. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Allin_Cornell (accessed 15 August 2012).
15. Available at: http://www.sbras.ru/HBC/hbc.phtml?8+71+1 (accessed 03 May 2012). (Rus).
16. Baranov M.I. An anthology of the distinguished achievements in science and technique. Part 34: Discovery and study of quantum-wave nature of microscopic world of matter. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2016, no.5, pp. 3-15. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2016.5.01.
17. Available at: http://vivovoco.astronet.ru/VV/JOURNAL/NATURE/01_02/NOBEL2001.HTM (accessed 10 April 2014). (Rus).
18. Available at: http://www.afportal.ru/physics/prize/2002 (accessed 23 July 2013). (Rus).
19. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Davis_Jr. (accessed 06 December 2013).
20. Kuz'michev V.E. Zakony i formuly fiziki [Laws and formulas of physics]. Kiev, Naukova Dumka Publ., 1989. 864 p. (Rus).
21. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masatoshi_Koshiba (accessed 20 May 2012).
22. Available at: http://velchel.ru/index.php?cnt=9 (accessed 09 October 2012). (Rus).
23. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riccardo_Giacconi (accessed 11 October 2013).
24. Baranov M.I. Antologiia vydaiushchikhsia dostizhenii v nauke i tekhnike: Monografiia v 2-kh tomakh. Tom 2. [An anthology of outstanding achievements in science and technology: Monographs in 2 vols. Vol.2]. Kharkov, NTMT Publ., 2013. 333 p. (Rus).
25. Available at: http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/physics (accessed 02 June 2015).
26. Available at: http://n-t.ru/nl/2003.htm (accessed 12 July 2014).
27. Baranov M.I. Antologiia vydaiushchikhsia dostizhenii v nauke i tekhnike: Monografiia v 2-kh tomakh. Tom 1. [An anthology of outstanding achievements in science and technology: Monographs in 2 vols. Vol.1]. Kharkov, NTMT Publ., 2011. 311 p. (Rus).
28. Knopfel' G. Sverkhsil'nye impul'snye magnitnye polia [Ultra strong pulsed magnetic fields]. Moscow, Mir Publ., 1972. 391 p. (Rus).
29. Baranov M.I. Izbrannye voprosy elektrofiziki: Monografija v 2-h tomah. Tom 1: Elektrofizika i vydajushhiesja fiziki mira [Selected topics electrophysics: Monographs in 2 vols. Vol.1: Electrophysics and outstanding physics of the world]. Kharkov, NTU «KhPI» Publ., 2008. 252 p. (Rus).
30. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexei_Alexeyevich_Abrikosov (accessed 15 December 2014).
31. Available at: http://elementy.ru./lib/430825/430827 (accessed 22 May 2012). (Rus).
32. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitaly_Ginzburg (accessed 30 July 2014).
33. Available at: http://www.afportal.ru/physics/prize/2004 (accessed 14 April 2013). (Rus).
34. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Gross (accessed 02 September 2012).
35. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Wilczek (accessed 14 June 2013).
36. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_David_Politzer (accessed 22 August 2014).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 M. I. Baranov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.