ANALYSIS OF ENERGY EFFICIENCY OF OPERATING MODES OF ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS WITH THE TRACTION LOADS
Keywords:energy security, railway transport, the process of transportation, networks of power systems, efficiency of modes, mobile traction substations
AbstractInnovative scenarios of reliable energy supply of transportation process aimed at reducing the specific energy consumption and increase energy efficiency of the systems of electric traction. The paper suggests innovative energy saving directions in traction networks of railways and new circuit solutions accessing traction substations in energy systems networks, ensure energy security of the transportation process. To ensure the energy security of rail transport special schemes were developed to propose the concept of external power traction substations, which would increase the number of connections to the networks of 220 – 330 kV, as well as the creation of transport and energy corridors, development of its own supply of electric networks of 110 kV substations and mobile RP-110 kV of next generation. Therefore, the investment program of the structures owned by the Ukrainian Railways (Ukrzaliznytsia) need to be synchronized in their technological characteristics, as well as the criteria of reliability and quality of power supply with the same external energy investment programs. It is found that without any load on left or right supplying arm one of two less loaded phases of traction transformer begins generating specific modes in the supplying three-phase line. Thus, modes of mobile substation cause leakage in one of the phases of the supply line of traction transformers of active-capacitive current, and as a result generating energy in the main power line of 154 kV, which is fixed and calculated by electricity meters. For these three phase mode supply network is necessary to use 1st algorithm, i.e. taking into account the amount of electricity as the energy in all phases. For effective application of reactive power compensation devices in the AC traction power supply systems it is proposed to develop regulatory documentation on necessity of application and the order of choice of parameters and placement of compensation systems taking into account operation mode of power systems and the use of software systems with imitation of instantaneous interrelated schemes of transport loads.
1. Energetichna strategіja Ukrzalіznicі na perіod do 2015 r. і na perspektivu do 2020 r. Zatv. derzhavnoju admіnіstracіeju zalіznichnogo transportu Ukrainu 26.11.2013 r. [Energy Strategy Railways for the period up to 2015 and for the future by 2020. Approved by State Administration of Railway Transport of Ukraine 11.26.2013]. Kyiv, 2013. 104 p. (Ukr).
2. Kornienko V.V., Kotel'nikov A.V., Domanskyi V.T. Elektrifikacija zheleznyh dorog. Mirovye tendencii i perspektivy (Analiticheskij obzor) [Electrification of railways. Global trends and perspectives (Analytical review)]. Kyiv, Transport of Ukraine Publ., 2004. 196 p. (Rus).
3. Markvard K.G. Elektrosnabzhenie elektrificirovannyh zheleznyh dorog [Power supply of electrified railways]. Moscow, Transport Publ., 1982. 528 p. (Rus).
4. Rene Pelis'e. Energeticheskie sistemy [Energy Systems]. Moscow, Higher School Publ., 1982. 568 p. (Rus).
5. Domanskyi I.V. Osnovi energoefektivnostі elektrichnih sistem z tjagovimi navantazhennjami: monografіja [Basics of energy efficiency of electrical systems with traction load: monograph]. Kharkіv, TOV «Tsentr informatsiyi transportu Ukrayiny» Publ., 2016. 224 p. (Ukr).
6. Domanskiy I.V. Modes in electrical systems with mobile AC traction substations. Vestnik of Railway Research Institute, 2016, vol.75, no.1. pp. 19-25. (Rus).
7. Domanskyi I.V. Electrification of railways – source of energy efficiency of process transportations. Railway Transport of Ukraine, 2014, no. 1, pp. 19-23, 31-33. (Ukr).
8. Pravyla ulashtuvannia systemy tiahovoho elektropostachannia zaliznyts Ukrainy. № TsE-0009: Zatv. Nakaz Ukrzaliznytsi 24.12.2004 r., № 1010-TsZ. / Min-vo transp. ta zviazku Ukrainy [Terms ordering system Traction Power railways of Ukraine. Number IS-0009: approved. Order Railways year 24.12.2004., № 1010-CH. Ministry of Transport and Communications of Ukraine]. Kyiv, 2005. 80 p. (Ukr).
9. Domansky I.V. System analysis of external power supply of railways traction substation. Electrical Engineering & Electromechanics, 2013, no.3, pp. 54-63. (Ukr). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2013.3.10.
10. Shidlovskij A.K., Kuznetsov V.G., Nikolaenko V.G. Optimizacija nesimmetrichnyh rezhimov sistem elektrosnabzhenija [Optimization of asymmetrical modes of power supply systems]. Kiev, Naukova Dumka Publ., 1987. 174 p. (Rus).
11. Zhelezko Yu.S. Poteri elektrojenergii. Reaktivnaja moshhnost'. Kachestvo elektrojenergii [Loss of electricity. Reactive power. Power quality]. Moscow, ENAS Publ., 2009. 456 p. (Rus).
12. Borodulin B.M., German L.A., Nikolaev G.A. Kondensatornye ustanovki elektrificirovannyh zheleznyh dorog [Condenser units for electrified railways]. Moscow, Transport Publ., 1983. 183 p. (Rus).
13. German L.A., Goncharenko V.P. Modern longitudinal capacitive compensation scheme in the traction power supply. Bulletin of Rostov State Transport University, 2013. no.2. pp. 12-17. (Rus).
14. Domanskyi I.V. Modes of operation of the system of traction power AC using reactive power compensation devices. Electrical Engineering & Electromechanics, 2015, no.3, pp. 59-66. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2015.3.09.
15. German L.A., Serebryakov A.S., Maksimova A.A. Filter compensating installation in AC traction networks. Vestnik of Railway Research Institute, 2016. no.1. pp. 26-34. (Rus).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 V. E. Bondarenko, I. V. Domanskyi, G. N. Kostin
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.