THE EXPERIMENTAL VALIDATION OF THE GROUNDING DEVICE RESISTANCE MEASUREMENT METHOD
Keywords:experimental research, grounding device, the resistance measurement method, three-electrode unit, the method of physical modeling, experimental validation
AbstractPurpose. The paper considers experimental research of three-electrode units for measuring the resistance of grounding devices for different purposes. Methodology. The experimental study of the method of resistance measurement of grounding devices for any design in any soil structure using the method of physical modeling is presented. Results. By results of model operation the set of equations of the sixth order is solved. It allowed to determine the own and mutual impedance in the three-electrode unit with high accuracy without searching the point of zero potential. Features of measuring and defining the own and relative resistances of various combinations of electrodes for three-electrode measuring unit are considered. Originality. The necessity of finding a zero potential point is excluded. Practical value. The proposed method provides the smallest possible spacing of potential electrodes outside the grounding devices. This reduces the wiring length measurement circuit in several times, increases the ratio «signal – noise», removes the restrictions on building of the territory outside the test grounding device.
1. SOU 31.2-21677681-19:2009. Viprobuvannya ta kontrol' pristroyiv zazemlennya elektroustanovok. Tipova іnstruktsіya [SOU 31.2-21677681-19:2009. Test and control devices, electrical grounding. Standard instruction.]. Kyiv, Mіnenergovugіllya Ukrayiny Publ., 2010. 54 p. (Ukr).
2. Burgsdorf V.V., Yakobs A.I. Zazemlyayushchie ustroystva elektroustanovok [Grounding device of electrical installations]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1987. 400 p. (Rus).
3. Oslon A.B., Kostruba S.I. Measuring the resistance of large grounding devices. Electrichestvo, 2006, no.8. pp. 49-56. (Rus).
4. Oslon A.B. Tagg methods analysis for measuring grounding resistance. III Rossiiskaia konferentsiia po zazemliaiushchim ustroistvam: Sbornik dokladov [3rd Russian Conf. on Grounding Devices: Collected Papers]. Novosibirsk, Russia, 27-31 October 2008, pp. 111-120. (Rus).
5. Oslon A.B., Tselebrovskii Iu.V. The intersection of the potential curves and the resistance of the grounding device III Rossiiskaia konferentsiia po zazemliaiushchim ustroistvam: Sbornik dokladov [3rd Russian Conf. on Grounding Devices: Collected Papers]. Novosibirsk, Russia, 27-31 October 2008, pp. 121-130. (Rus).
6. Oslon A.B., Kostruba S.I. Mathematical modeling of the process of grounding resistance measurement current of industrial frequency in multilayer soil. Electrichestvo, 2008, no.5, pp. 12-17. (Rus).
7. Nizhevskyi I.V., Nizhevskyi V.I. A technique of measuring of resistance of a grounding device. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2016, no.3, pp. 50-57. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2016.3.08.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 I. V. Nizhevskyi, V. I. Nizhevskyi, V. E. Bondarenko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.