THE PHASE REACTOR INDUCTANCE SELECTION TECHNIQUE FOR POWER ACTIVE FILTER
Keywords:power active filter, coefficient of harmonic distortion, phase reactors inductance, frequency modulation, Matlab-model of a three-phase energy supply system
AbstractPurpose. The goal is to develop technique of the phase inductance power reactors selection for parallel active filter based on the account both low-frequency and high-frequency components of the electromagnetic processes in a power circuit. Methodology. We have applied concepts of the electrical circuits theory, vector analysis, mathematical simulation in Matlab package. Results. We have developed a new technique of the phase reactors inductance selection for parallel power active filter. It allows us to obtain the smallest possible value of THD network current. Originality. We have increased accuracy of methods of the phase reactor inductance selection for power active filter. Practical value. The proposed technique can be used in the design and manufacture of the active power filter for real objects of energy supply.
1. EN 50160:2010 Voltage characteristics of electricity supplied by public distribution networks.
2. IEC 61000-3-4 Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) – Part 3-4: Limits – Limitation of emission of harmonic currents in low-voltage power supply systems for equipment with rated current greater than 16 A.
3. Hafner J., Aredes M., Heumann К. A shunt active power filter applied to high voltage distribution lines. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, 1997, vol.12, no.1, pp. 266-272. doi: 10.1109/61.568249.
4. Bhattacharya S., Frank T., Divan D., Banerjee B. Parallel active filter system implementation and design issues for utility interface of adjustable speed drive systems. IAS ’96. Conference Record of the 1996 IEEE Industry Applications Conference Thirty-First IAS Annual Meeting, 1996, pp. 1032-1039. doi: 10.1109/ias.1996.560208.
5. Moran L.A., Dixon J.W., Wallace R.R. A three-phase active power filter operating with fixed switching frequency for reactive power and current harmonic compensation. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 1995, vol.42, no.4, pp. 402-408. doi: 10.1109/41.402480.
6. Aburto V., Schneider M., Moran L., Dixon J. An active power filter implemented with a three-level NPC voltage-source inverter. PESC97. Record 28th Annual IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference. Formerly Power Conditioning Specialists Conference 1970-71. Power Processing and Electronic Specialists Conference 1972, 1997, vol.2, pp. 1121-1126. doi: 10.1109/PESC.1997.616889.
7. Al-Zamil A.M., Torrey D.A. A passive series, active shunt filter for high power applications. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 2001, vol.16, no.1, pp. 101-109. doi: 10.1109/63.903994.
8. Asiminoaei L., Eddy A., Prasad N.E., Blaabjerg F. Shunt active-power-filter topology based on parallel interleaved inverters. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2008, vol.55, no.3, pp. 1175-1189. doi: 10.1109/TIE.2007.907671.
9. Bento A.A.M., da Silva E.R.C., Praça P.P. Integrated one-cycle control for three-leg universal active power filter. 2008 IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference, June, 2008, pp. 3974-3980. doi: 10.1109/PESC.2008.4592575.
10. Ivanets S.A., Gusev O.O., Chub A.I. Methods of elements selection for parallel filter-compensating converter. Journal of Chernihiv State Technological University. Series: Engineering, 2009, no.40, pp. 223-232. (Ukr).
11. Stepenko S.A., Gusev O.O., Ivanets S.A., Veligorskyi O.A. Comparative analysis of methods for control of filter-compensating devices. Bulletin of the Kyiv National University of Technologies and Design, 2012, no.1, pp. 82-88. (Ukr).
12. Zhemerov G.G., Krylov D.S., Tugay D.V. Verification of the calculation elements and high-quality performance of the power supply system with a parallel power active filter. Bulletin of NTU «KhPІ», 2015, no.12, pp. 394-397. (Rus).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 D. V. Tugay
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.