A TURBO-GENERATOR DESIGN SYNTHESIS BASED ON THE NUMERICAL-FIELD CALCULATIONS AT VARYING THE NUMBER OF STATOR SLOTS
Keywords:turbo-generator, modernization, design synthesis, mathematical model, Lua script, FEMM program, numerical-field calculations, electromagnetic parameters
Purpose. The work is dedicated to the presentation of the principle of construction and implementation of an automated synthesis system of the turbo-generator (TG) electromagnetic system in the case of its modernization. This is done on the example of changing the number of the stator core slots. Methodology. The basis of the synthesis is a TG basic construction. Its structure includes the mathematical and physical-geometrical models, as well as the calculation model for the FEMM software environment, providing the numerical calculations of the magnetic fields and electromagnetic parameters of TG. The mathematical model links the changing and basic dimensions and parameters of the electromagnetic system, provided that the TG power parameters are ensured. The physical-geometrical model is the geometric mapping of the electromagnetic system with the specified physical properties of its elements. This model converts the TG electromagnetic system in a calculation model for the FEMM program. Results. Testing of the created synthesis system is carried out on the example of the 340 MW TG. The geometric, electromagnetic and power parameters of its basic construction and its new variants at the different numbers of the stator slots are compared. The harmonic analysis of the temporal function of the stator winding EMF is also made for the variants being compared. Originality. The mathematical model, relating the new and base parameters of TG at the changing of the number of the stator slots is created. A Lua script, providing the numerical-field calculations of the TG electromagnetic parameters in the FEMM software environment is worked out. Construction of the constructive and calculation models, the numerical-field calculations and delivery of results are performed by a computer automatically, that ensures high efficiency of the TG design process. Practical value. The considered version of the TG modernization on the example of changing the number of the stator core slots provided an opportunity for the presentation of the principle of construction and implementation of design synthesis system. For the practical use in the TG designing process, the developed and presented system can be more detailed with specifying the individual components of the mathematical model and expanded for varying other parameters of TG and optimizing its design.
1. Izvekov V.I., Serihin N.A., Abramov A.I. Proektirovanie turbogeneratorov [Planning of turbogenerators]. Moscow, MEI Publ., 2005. 440 p. (Rus).
2. Yu.V. Zozulin, O.Ye. Antonov, V.M. Bychik, A.M. Borychevs'kyy, K.O. Kobzar, O.L. Livshyts', V.H. Rakohon, I.Kh. Rohovyy, L.L. Khaymovych, Cherednyk V.I. Stvorennja novyh typiv ta modernizacija dijuchyh turbogeneratoriv dlja teplovyh elektrychnyh stancij [Creation of new types and modernization of the existing turbogenerators for the thermal electric stations]. Kharkiv, PF Kolehium Publ., 2011. 228 p. (Ukr).
3. Bianchi Nicola. Electrical Machine Analysis Using Finite Elements (Copyrighted Material). CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, University of West Florida, 2005. 276 p.
4. Milykh V.I., Polyakova N.V. Determination of electromagnetic parameters of electric machines based on numerical calculations of magnetic field. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2006, no.2, pp. 40-46. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2006.2.09.
5. Meeker D. Finite Element Method Magnetics. FEMM 4.2 32 bit 11 Oct 2010 Self-Installing Executable. Available at: www.femm.info/wiki/OldVersions (accessed 10 March 2014).
6. Milykh V.I., Polyakova N.V. A system of directions and phase relationships for electromagnetic parameters at numerical calculations of magnetic fields in a turbogenerator. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2011, no.5, pp. 33-38. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2011.5.07.
7. Milykh V.I., Polyakova N.V. Organization of numerical calculation of turbogenerator magnetic field under load with specified output parameters control. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2012, no.1, pp. 36-41. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2012.1.08.
8. Milykh V.I., Polyakova N.V. Harmonious analysis of electromagnetic sizes three-phase winding of stators of turbogenerator on basis classic and numeral field methods. Tekhnichna elektrodynamika, 2013, no.3, pp. 40-49. (Rus).
9. Milykh V.I., Polyakova N.V. Automated formation of calculation models of turbogenerators for software environment FEMM. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2015, no.4, pp. 7-14. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2015.4.02.
10. Milykh V.I., Polyakova N.V. Determination of electromagnetic parameters and phase relations in turbo-generators by the automated calculation of the magnetic field in the software environment FEMM. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2016, no.1, pp. 26-32. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2016.1.05.
11. Milykh V.I., Polyakova N.V. Numerically-field calculations of the electromagnetic parameters of turbogenerators. Bulletin of NTU «KhPI». Series: «Electric machines and electromechanical energy conversion», 2014, no.38(1081), pp. 3-18. (Rus).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 V. I. Milykh
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.