THE NUMERICAL-FIELD ANALYSIS OF THE MAGNETIC FIELD AND THE ELECTRICAL QUANTITIES IN THE TURBOGENERATOR STATOR UNDER AUTONOMOUS UNBALANCED LOADING
Keywords:turbo-generator, unbalanced loading, magnetic fields, numerical calculations, electromagnetic processes, temporal functions
AbstractPurpose. Assessing the impact of load asymmetry of turbogenerator (TG) on the magnetic field distribution, on the electrical and energy processes in it based on the numerical-field analysis within the constraints regulated by the standards. Methodology. The calculation model of TG has been constructed on the method of symmetrical components of the three-phase current system. The formed asymmetric system of the currents is used for multi-position numerical calculations of rotating magnetic fields. The temporal functions of the electromagnetic quantities which are subjected to the harmonic analysis are obtained on this basis. Results. Test calculations are conducted on a three-phase 35 MW TG during his work under autonomous unbalanced loading. The analysis of the temporal functions of the magnetic induction at different points of the TG stator and also similar functions of the magnetic flux linkage, EMF phase stator windings and other variables have been executed. Originality. Problems of exploitation of turbo-generators under unbalanced loading are detected by the consideration of their electromagnetic system on the whole, but not their simplified local parts, as usual. It has been shown that the temporal functions of EMF of the phase stator windings under unbalanced loading significantly differ in shape from sine waves and from each other and contain a number of significant upper harmonics. It has been detected that the phase currents would contain not only the first but also significant upper harmonics under unbalanced loading. Practical value. Analysis of the work of TG under unbalanced loading showed the «top» level of problems of electromagnetic character. It has been established that the function of the magnetic induction at the fixed points of the magnetic system on the whole have been changed but not in principle. The temporal functions of EMF, and, hence, the voltage of the stator phase windings significantly differ in shape from sine waves and from each other, there is a considerable imbalance of active powers generated by the individual phase windings of the stator. The information provided will allow the measures to ensure a durable and reliable operation of turbo-generators.
1. Izvekov V.I., Serihin N.A., Abramov A.I. Proektirovanie turbogeneratorov [Planning of turbogenerators]. Moscow, MEI Publ., 2005. 440 p. (Rus).
2. Kogan F.L. Anormal'nye rezhimy moshchnykh turbogeneratorov [Anormal modes of powerful turbogenerators]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1988. 188 p. (Rus).
3. Ter-Gazaryan G.N. Nesimmetrichnye rezhimy sinkhronnykh mashin [Asymmetrical modes of synchronous machines]. Moscow, Energiya Publ., 1969. 214 p. (Rus).
4. Shulzhenko N.G., Pantelyat M.G., Rudenko E.K., Zozulin Yu.V. Additional losses in a turbogenerator rotor under long-time unbalanced load. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2006, no.1, pp. 54-57. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2006.1.11.
5. Yu.V. Zozulin, O.Ye. Antonov, V.M. Bychik, A.M. Borychevs'kyy, K.O. Kobzar, O.L. Livshyts', V.H. Rakohon, I.Kh. Rohovyy, L.L. Khaymovych, Cherednyk V.I. Stvorennja novyh typiv ta modernizacija dijuchyh turbogeneratoriv dlja teplovyh elektrychnyh stancij [Creation of new types and modernization of the existing turbogenerators for the thermal electric stations]. Kharkiv, PF Kolehium Publ., 2011. 228 p. (Ukr).
6. Bianchi Nicola. Electrical Machine Analysis Using Finite Elements (Copyrighted Material). CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, University of West Florida, 2005. 276 p.
7. Milykh V.I., Polyakova N.V. Determination of electromagnetic parameters of electric machines based on numerical calculations of magnetic field. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2006, no.2, pp. 40-46. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2006.2.09.
8. Milykh V.I., Polyakova N.V. Calculated and harmonic analysis of the magnetic fields in the active zone of the turbogenerator in the load mode. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2013, no.6, pp. 40-45. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2013.6.07.
9. Tytko O.I., Melnyk A.M. Modelling and distribution of electromagnetic forces operated on the teeth and the cores of stator winding of the turbogenerator. Tekhnichna elektrodynamika, 2015, no.3, pp. 40-46. (Ukr).
10. Milykh V.I. Organization of the numerical-field calculations of electromagnetic processes in a turbogenerator at its asymmetrical loading. Bulletin of NTU «KhPI». Series: «Electric machines and electromechanical energy conversion», 2016, no.11(1183), pp. 3-10. (Rus).
11. Milykh V.I., Polyakova N.V. Organization of numerical calculation of turbogenerator magnetic field under load with specified output parameters control. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2012, no.1, pp. 36-41. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2012.1.08.
12. Meeker D. Finite Element Method Magnetics. FEMM 4.2 32 bit 11 Oct 2010 Self-Installing Executable. Available at: www.femm.info/wiki/OldVersions (accessed 10 March 2014).
13. Milykh V.I., Polyakova N.V. Automated calculations of the dynamics of turbogenerator electromagnetic processes in software environment FEMM. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2015, no.6, pp. 24-30. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2015.6.04.
14. Milykh V.I., Polyakova N.V. Determination of electromagnetic parameters and phase relations in turbo-generators by the automated calculation of the magnetic field in the software environment FEMM. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2016, no.1, pp. 26-32. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2016.1.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 V. I. Milykh
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.