THREE-PHASE ENERGY SUPPLY SYSTEMS SIMULATION FOR THE TOTAL POWER LOSSES COMPONENTS ASSESSMENT
Keywords:energy supply system, power active filter, the minimum possible losses, total losses power, three-dimensional complex vector, Matlab-model of the three-phase energy supply system
AbstractPurpose. The goal is to optimize a structure of Matlab-model of the three-phase energy supply system with power active filter. The mathematical model that describes the energy supply system modes of operation which contains additional losses is proposed. Methodology. We have applied concepts of the electrical circuits theory, mathematical modeling elements based on linear algebra and vector calculus, mathematical simulation in Matlab package. Results. We have developed two models of three-phase energy supply system. The first one is based on a vector representation, and the second one on the matrix representation of energy processes. Using these models we have solved the problem of maintaining unchanged the average useful power for 279 cases of energy supply system modes of operation. Originality. We have developed methods of mathematical analysis of a three-phase energy supply systems with polyharmonic voltages and currents in the symmetric and asymmetric modes. Practical value. We have created Matlab-model of a three-phase energy supply system with automated calculation of a correction factor. It allows reducing more than one order the time for energy processes elucidation in multiphase systems.
1. Akagi H., Kanazawa Y., Nabae A. Instantaneous reactive power compensators comprising switching devices without energy storage components. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, 1984, vol.IA-20, no.3, pp. 625-630. doi: 10.1109/TIA.1984.4504460.
2. Wong M.-C., Dai N.-Y., Lam C.-S. «Active Power Filters», Parallel Power Electronics Filters in Three-Phase Four-Wire Systems. Springer Singapore, 2016. pp. 59-165. doi: 10.1007/978-981-10-1530-4_3.
3. Artemenko M.Yu., Batrak L.M., Mykhalskyi V.M., Polishchuk S.Y. Analysis of possibility to increase the efficiency of three-phase four-wire power system by means of shunt active filter. Tekhnichna elektrodynamika, 2015, no.6, pp. 12-18. (Ukr).
4. Artemenko M.Yu., Batrak L.M., Polishchuk S.Y., Mykhalskyi V.M., Shapoval I.A. The effect of load power factor on the efficiency of three-phase four-wire power system with shunt active filter. 2016 IEEE 36th International Conference on Electronics and Nanotechnology (ELNANO), IEEE, 2016. pp. 277-282. doi: 10.1109/ELNANO.2016.7493067.
5. Zhemerov G.G., Tugay D.V. Physical meaning of the «reactive power» concept applied to three-phase energy supply systems with non-linear load. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2015, no.6, pp. 36-42. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2015.6.06.
6. Zhemerov G.G., Tugay D.V. An universal formula clarification to determine the power losses in the three-phase energy supply systems. Bulletin of NTU «KhPІ», 2015, no.12, pp. 339-343. (Rus).
7. Peng F.Z., Ott G.W., Adams D.J. Harmonic and reactive power compensation based on the generalized instantaneous reactive power theory for three-phase four-wire systems. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 1998, vol.13, nо.6, pp. 1174-1181. doi: 10.1109/63.728344.
8. Afonso J., Couto C., Martins J. Active filters with control based on p-q theory. IEEE Industrial Electronics Society Newsletter, 2000, vol.47, no.3, pp. 5-10.
9. Kim H.S., Akagi H. The instantaneous power theory on the rotating p-q-r reference frames. Proceedings of the IEEE 1999 International Conference on Power Electronics and Drive Systems. PEDS'99 (Cat. No.99TH8475), 1999, pp. 422-427. doi: 10.1109/PEDS.1999.794600.
10. G. Zhemerov, N. Ilina, D. Tugay. The Theorem of Minimum Energy Losses in Three-Phase Four-Wire Energy Supply System. 2016 2nd IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Energy and Power Systems (IEPS-2016). June 07-11, 2016, Kyiv, Ukraine, pp. 52-54. doi: 10.1109/IEPS.2016.7521889.
11. Zhemerov G.G., Tugay D.V. Components of total electric energy losses power in pqr spatial coordinates. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2016, no.2, pp. 11-19. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2016.2.02.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 D. V. Tugay
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.