ANALYSIS OF METHODS FOR MONITORING OF EXISTING ENERGY OBJECTS GROUNDING DEVICES STATE AT THE PRESENT STAGE
Keywords:grounding device, resistance of the grounding device, grounding device voltage, touch voltage, resistance of contact joints, electromagnetic diagnostics
AbstractPurpose. The purpose of the work is to analyze the modern methods of control and determine the most effective ones for monitoring the state of grounding of existing energy objects in operation. Methodology. The analysis of the methods was carried on the basis of comparison the experimental and calculation methods for determining the rated parameters of the grounding of existing energy objects. Results. Significant imperfections of measurements of the rated parameters of the grounding with different methods and devices was established. It has been shown that the electromagnetic diagnostics is the most complete, which allows to comprehensively assess the current state of the grounding and establish the resistance of the grounding, the voltage on it, the touch voltage and the resistance of the contact joints. The deficiencies of electromagnetic diagnostics are established at the present stage and further directions of its perfection are determined. Originality. For the first time the comparative analysis of existing methods for monitoring the state of the grounding and directions for improving electromagnetic diagnostics was made. Practical value. The obtained results allow to choose the optimum method for monitoring the state of the grounding. Elimination of the revealed drawbacks of the method of electromagnetic diagnostics will improve the accuracy of the determination of rated parameters.
1. Pravyla ulashtuvannja elektroustanovok [Electrical Installation Regulations]. Kharkiv, Fort Publ., 2017. 760 p. (Ukr).
2. Natsional'nyy standart Ukrayiny. SOU 31.2-21677681-19:2009. Viprobuvannya ta kontrol' prystroyiv zazemlennya elektroustanovok. Tipova іnstruktsіya [National Standard of Ukraine SOU 31.2-21677681-19:2009. Test and control devices, electrical grounding. Standard instruction]. Kyiv, Mіnenergovugіllya Ukrayiny Publ., 2010. 54 p. (Ukr).
3. Seljeseth H., Campling A., Feist K.H., Kuussaari M. Station Earthing. Safety and interference aspects. Electra, 1980, vol.71, pp. 47-69.
4. Boaventura W.C., Lopes I.J.S., Rocha P.S.A., Coutinho R.M., Castro F., Dart F.C. Testing and evaluating grounding systems of high voltage energized substations: alternative approaches. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, 1999, vol.14, no.3, pp. 923-927. doi: 10.1109/61.772335.
5. Tabatabaei N.M., Mortezaeei S.R. Design of grounding systems in substations by ETAP intelligent software. International Journal on «Technical and Physical Problems of Engineering». 2010, iss.2, vol.2, no.1, pp. 45-49.
6. Kolechitsky Ye.S. Approximate estimates of the resistance of grounding devices. Vestnik MEI, 2006, no.4, pp. 56-62. (Rus).
7. IEEE Std 80-2000 Guide for Safety in AC Substation Grounding. New York, IEEE, 2000. 200 p. doi: 10.1109/ieeestd.2000.91902.
8. Link I.Yu., Koliushko D.G., Koliushko G.M. A mathematical model is not an equipotential ground grids substation placed in a double layer. Electronic modeling, 2003, vol.25, no.2, pp. 99-111. (Rus).
9. Koliushko D.G., Rudenko S.S. Determination the electrical potential of a created grounding device in a three-layer ground. Technical Electrodynamics, 2018, no.4. pp. 19-24. (Rus). doi: 10.15407/techned2018.04.019.
10. IEEE Std 81-2012 Guide for Measuring Earth Resistivity, Ground Impedance, and Earth Surface Potentials of a Grounding System. New York, IEEE, 2012. 86 p. doi: 10.1109/ieeestd.2012.6392181.
11. Nizhevskyi I.V., Nizhevskyi V.I., Bondarenko V.E. The experimental validation of the grounding device resistance measurement method. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2016, no.6, pp. 60-64 (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2016.6.10.
12. Tselebrovskiy Yu.V. The theory of measurement of resistance of earthing device. Proceedings of TUSUR, 2012, iss.1, part 1, pp. 196-198. (Rus).
13. Glebov О.Yu., Koliushko D.G., Link I.Yu. Determination of the touch voltage by the method of superposition of current components of a single-phase earth fault. Bulletin of NTU «KhPІ», 2005, no.49, pp. 85-88. (Rus).
14. Salam M.A., Rahman Q.M., Ang S.P., Wen F. Soil resistivity and ground resistance for dry and wet soil. Journal of Modern Power Systems and Clean Energy, 2015, vol.5, no.2, pp. 290-297. doi: 10.1007/s40565-015-0153-8.
15. Fomenko O.V., Kostenko M.A., Novikova A.O. Influence of Communication Resistance on Damage of the Electronic Equipment in the Grounding Device. Global Nuclear Safety, 2014, no.3(12), pp. 44-48. (Rus).
16. Resursnye elementnye smetnye normy na puskonaladochnye raboty. Sbornik 1. Elektrotekhnicheskie ustroistva. DBN D.2.6-1-2000 [Resource elemental estimates for commissioning. Collection 1. Electrotechnical devices. DBN D.2.6-1-2000]. Kyiv, Derzhbudivnytstvo Ukrainy Publ., 2001. 49 p. (Rus).
17. Rudenko S.S. Requirements for devices for vertical electrical sounding of soil at diagnostics of grounding devices. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2016, no.5, pp. 68-73. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2016.5.12.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 D. G. Koliushko, S. S. Rudenko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.