THE TOOLING IN UKRAINE OF MODEL TESTS OF OBJECTS OF ENERGY, AVIATION AND SPACE-ROCKET ENGINEERING ON RESISTIBILITY TO ACTION OF PULSED CURRENT OF ARTIFICIAL LIGHTNING
Keywords:domestic powerful high-voltage high-current generators of current of lightning, objects of energy, aviation and space-rocket engineering, results of model tests of some technical objects on resistibility to the direct action of pulsed current of lightning
AbstractPurpose. Presentation and analysis of the modern state of the tooling in Ukraine of model tests of objects of energy, aviation and space-rocket engineering on resistibility to the action of pulsed current of artificial lightning. Methodology. Electrophysics bases of technique of high-voltage and high pulsed currents, theoretical bases of electrical engineering, engineering of high electric and magnetic fields. Scientific methods of analysis of research and technical information. Results. Information regarding the modern consisting of Ukraine of high-voltage high-current pulsed engineering intended for the leadthrough of model tests of aircrafts and power objects on resistibility to the direct or indirect action on them of pulsed current of artificial lightning in accordance with the requirements of normative documents of the USA SAE ARP 5412: 2013, SAE ARP 5416: 2013 and International Standard IEC 62305-1: 2010. Basic technical descriptions are presented of developed and created in Ukraine for the aims of model tests of the technical objects marked higher on resistibility to lightning of two powerful high-voltage generators of current of lightning (GCL) of type of UITOM-1 and GTM-10/350, playback on the tested objects the pulses of current of artificial lightning with the rationed peak-temporal parameters in obedience to the indicated normatively-technical documents. Examples are resulted and the results of model tests are indicated on described domestic GCL of some elements and devices of the tested technical objects on resistibility to direct action on them of pulsed current of artificial lightning. It is shown that technical descriptions indicated domestic powerful GCL conform to the high requirements of operating in the leading countries of the world of normative documents to on resistibility to lightning objects of industrial energy, aviation and space-rocket engineering. Originality. First in the summarizing concentrated kind possibilities are shown developed and created domestic scientists and specialists of unique high-voltage high-current electrophysics equipment for the aims of leadthrough of integration model tests on resistibility and fire safety of aircrafts and power objects at lightning strike. Practical value. Application in practice of model tests of objects of industrial energy, aviation and space-rocket engineering on complex resistibility and fire safety to the striking action on them of pulsed current of artificial lightning, generated in discharge circuits of two described powerful domestic GCL, will be instrumental in the successful decision of global in the world problem of protecting from lightning of air and surface technical objects and being in them personnel.
1. Baranov M.I. An anthology of the distinguished achievements in science and technique. Part 42: Electronics: retrospective view, successes and prospects of its development. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2018, no.1, pp. 3-16. doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2018.1.01.
2. Uman M.A. Natural and artificially-initiated lightning and lightning test standards. Proceedings of the IEEE, 1988, vol.76, no.12, pр. 1548-1565. doi: 10.1109/5.16349.
3. Kuzhekin I.P., Larionov V.P., Prohorov E.N. Molnijaimolniezashchita [Lightning and protection from lightning]. Moscow, Znak Publ., 2003. 330 p. (Rus).
4. Dyakov A.F., Kuzhekin I.P., Maksimov B.K., TemnikovA.G. Elektromahnitnayasovmestimost' imolniezashchitavelektroenergetike [Electromagnetic compatibility and lightning protection in the power]. Moscow, MEI Publishing House, 2009. 455 p. (Rus).
5. Bortnik I.M., Beloglovskiy A.A., Vereshchagin I.P., Vershinin Yu.N., Kalinin A.V., Kuchinskiy G.S., Larionov V.P., Monastyrskiy A.E., Orlov A.V., Temnikov A.G., Pintal' Yu.S., Sergeev Yu.G., Sokolova M.V. Elekrophizicheskieosnovytechnikivysokihnaprjazhenij[Electrophysics bases of technique of high voltage]. Moscow, Publishing house of MEI, 2010. 704 p. (Rus).
6. Baranov M.I. New hypothesis and electrophysics nature of additional mechanisms of origin, accumulation and division of electric charges in the atmospheric clouds of Earth. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2018, no.1, pp. 46-53. doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2018.1.07.
7. SAE ARP 5412: 2013. Aircraft Lightning Environment and Ralated Test Waveforms. SAE Aerospace. USA, 2013. − pp. 1-56.
8. SAE ARP 5416: 2013. Aircraft Lightning Test Methods. SAE Aerospace. USA, 2013. − pp. 1-145.
9. IEC 62305-1: 2010 «Protection against lightning. Part 1: General principles». Geneva, IEC Publ., 2010.
10. Baranov M.I. Izbrannye voprosy elektrofiziki. Monografiya v 3kh tomakh. Tom 2, Kn. 2: Teoriia elektrofizicheskikh effektov i zadach [Selected topics of Electrophysics. Monograph in 3 Vols. Vol.2, Book 2. A theory of electrophysical effects and tasks]. Kharkiv, Tochka Publ., 2010. 407 p. (Rus).
11. Baranov M.I., Koliushko G.M., Kravchenko V.I., Nedzel’skii O.S., Dnyshchenko V.N. A Current Generator of the Artificial Lightning for Full-Scale Tests of Engineering Objects. Instruments and Experimental Technique, 2008, no.3, pp. 401-405. doi: 10.1134/s0020441208030123.
12. GOST R MEK 62305-1-2010. Menedzhment riska. Zashhita ot molnii. Chast' 1: Obshhie principy [GOST R IEC 62305-1-2010. Risk management. Protection from lightning. Part 1: General principles]. Moscow, Standartinform Publ., 2011, 46 p. (Rus).
13. Baranov M.I. Improvement of resistance protection of high-voltage capacitors of powerful capacitive energy storage systems from emergency overcurrent. Russian Electrical Engineering, 2017, vol.88, no.1, pp. 19-22. doi: 10.3103/S1068371217010060.
14. Baranov M.I., Koliushko G.M., Kravchenko V.I., Nedzel’skii O.S., Nosenko M.A. High-voltage high-current air-filled spark gaps of an artificial-lightning-current generator. Instruments and Experimental Techniques, 2008, vol.51, no.6, pp. 833-837. doi: 10.1134/s0020441208060109.
15. Baranov M.I., Kniaziev V.V., Rudakov S.V. A coaxial disk shunt for measurement in the high-current circuit of high-voltage generator of storm discharges of pulses of current of artificial lightning with the integral of action up to 15·106 J/Ohm. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2017, no.5, pp. 45-50. doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2017.5.07.
16. Baranov M.I., Kniaziev V.V., Kravchenko V.I., Rudakov S.V. Results of calculation-experimental investigations of electro-thermal resistibility of sheet steel samples to action of rationed components of pulsed current of artificial lighting. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2016, no.3, pp. 40-49. doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2016.3.07.
17. Baranov M.I., Nosenko M.A. Influence of the thermal action of artificially-initiated lightning current on specimens of the metal skin of an aircraft. Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics, 2009, vol.82, no.5, pp. 978-987. doi: 10.1007/S10891-009-0272-z.
18. Baranov M.I. An anthology of the distinguished achievements in science and technique. Part 41: Composite materials: their classification, technologies of making, properties and application domains in modern technique. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2017, no.6, pp. 3-13. doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2017.6.01.
19. Baranov M.I., Koliushko G.M., Kravchenko V.I., Rudakov S.V. A generator aperiodic current pulses of artificial lightning with a rationed temporal form of 10/350 μs with an amplitude of ± (100-200) kA. Instruments and Experimental Techniques, 2015, vol.58, no.6, pp. 745-750. doi: 10.1134/S0020441215060032.
20. Baranov M.I., Rudakov S.V. Electrothermal action of the pulse of the current of a short artificial-lightning stroke on test specimens of wires and cables of electric power objects. Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics, 2018, vol.91, no.2, pp. 544-555. doi: 10.1007/s10891-018-1775-2.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 M. I. Baranov, S. G. Buriakovskyi, S. V. Rudakov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.