AN ANTHOLOGY OF THE DISTINGUISHED ACHIEVEMENTS IN SCIENCE AND TECHNIQUE. PART 43: TRADITIONAL POWER ENGINEERING. THERMAL POWER PLANTS: STATE AND PROSPECTS OF THEIR DEVELOPMENT
Keywords:thermal power engineering, thermal power plants, steam generators, turbogenerators, characteristics of thermal power plants, problems and prospects of development of thermal power engineering
Purpose. Preparation of brief scientific and technical review with an analytical analysis about the state, achievements, problems and prospects of development of world thermal power engineering. Methodology. Known scientific methods of collection, analysis and analytical treatment of the opened scientific and technical information, present in scientific monographs, journals and internet reports, world level in area of thermal power engineering. Results. A brief analytical scientific and technical review is resulted about the present state, achievements, problem tasks and prospects of development of thermal power engineering in the industrially developed countries of the world. Considerable progress is marked in development and creation of technical base of modern thermal power engineering including such thermal power devices (TPD) as steam generators, steam turbines and turbogenerators. Basic TPDs are described, charts of design and types of the modern thermal power plants (TPP), producing in the world about 70 % annual production electric power are presented. From positions of approach of the systems advantages and lacks of TPPs are described before other types of electric stations, generating heat and electric energy in industrial scales. Basic technical descriptions of largest TPPs of Ukraine are resulted, TPDs of powerful power units of which behave to the morally out-of-date past generation and characterized a large physical wear. Some topical problem tasks and possible ways of their decision are indicated in area of thermal power engineering of Ukraine. In a review an accent is done on the necessity of development and acceptance of strategic plan of development of thermal power engineering of Ukraine on the nearest 10 years. A regard is paid to power engineering experts acceleration of rates of introduction in domestic practice of achievements alternative and ecologically clean power engineering specialists − especially wind energy and sun energy. Originality. Systematization of the scientific and technical materials touching functioning of such important sector of world economy as thermal power engineering known from the sources opened in outer informative space is executed. It is shown that for normal development and determination of the nearest prospects for domestic thermal energy the native revision of power politics of Ukraine is needed. Practical value. Popularization and deepening for students, engineers and technical specialists and research workers of front-rank scientific and technical knowledge in area of modern thermal energy, extending their scientific range of interests and further development of scientific and technical progress in society.
1. Khramov Yu.A. Istoriia fiziki [History of Physics]. Kiev, Feniks Publ., 2006. 1176 p. (Rus).
2. Available at: http://energetika.in.ua/ru/books/book-3/part-1/section-1/1-1 (accessed 22 January 2016). (Rus).
3. Available at: http://elemo.ru/article/teplovye_jelektrostancii.html (accessed 20 May 2015). (Rus).
4. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_power_station (accessed 08 August 2016).
5. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_power_stations_in_Russia_and_Soviet_Union (accessed 12 June 2016).
6. Available at: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasturbinenkraftwerk (accessed 08 April 2015). (Ger).
7. Available at: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Котёл-утилизатор (accessed 18 September 2013). (Rus).
8. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water-tube_boiler (accessed 25 August 2015).
9. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_turbine (accessed 02 May 2014).
10. Burov V.D., Dorokhov E.V., Elizarov D.P., Lavygin V.M., Sedov V.M., Tsanev S.V. Teplovye elektricheskie stancii. Uchebnik dlja vuzov [Thermal electric stations. Textbook for high schools]. Moscow, MEI Publ. House, 2007. 466 p. (Rus).
11. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo_generator (accessed 12 February 2015).
12. Available at: http://elstan.ru/articles/teplovye-elektrostantsii/10045/ (accessed 28 September 2016). (Rus).
13. Available at: http://www.gigavat.com/tipi_elektrostancij.php (accessed 11 October 2015). (Rus).
14. Available at: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Список_тепловых_электростанций_Украины (accessed 28 May 2016). (Rus).
15. Available at: http://forca.ru/knigi/arhivy/ustroystvo-i-obsluzhivanie-vtorichnyh-cepey-22.html (accessed 15 March 2016). (Rus).
16. Baranov M.I. An anthology of the distinguished achievements in science and technique. Part 32: Alternative energy: state and prospects of development. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2016, no.3, pp. 3-16. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2016.3.01.
17. Andryushchenko A.I. Modern problems of thermal energy and the most important ways of their solution. Vestnik of Saratov State Technical UIniversity, 2003, no.1, pp. 140-143. (Rus).
18. Available at: http://paes250.ru/ru/pts-problem/index.html (accessed 12 May 2017). (Rus).
19. Kravchenko A.N. Global problems of Ukrainian thermal energy. Electrician, 2013, no.9, pp. 38-41. (Rus).
20. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_cycle (accessed 22 September 2016).
21. Available at: http://www.saveplanet.su/articles_114.html (accessed 15 March 2016). (Rus).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 M. I. Baranov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.