APPROXIMATE CALCULATION OF BASIC CHARACTERISTICS OF PLASMA AT THE AIR ELECTRIC EXPLOSION OF METAL CONDUCTOR
Keywords:powerful high-voltage generator of current pulses of condenser type, metallic conductor, high pulse current, electric explosion of conductor, plasma, temperature, pressure, speed of distribution of shock wave in the plasma products of explosion
AbstractPurpose. Obtaining approximate calculation correlations for determination of maximal values of temperature Tm, and pressures Pm at a shock wave and speed vm distribution of a shock wave in the plasma products of air electric explosion (EE) of metall conductor under act of large impulsive current (LIC). Methodology. Theoretical bases of the electrical engineering, scientific and technical bases of electrophysics, thermal physics and electrophysics bases of powerful high-voltage impulse technique, related to the theory and practice of the phenomenon EE metallic explorer in gas environments under action of LIC. Results. New calculation correlations are got for approximate calculation in a local area of EE in atmospheric air of metallic explorer of maximal values of temperature Tm,, pressures Pm and speeds of vm of shock wave in «metallic plasma» appearing from an explosion under action of LIC of its conducting structure. It is set that numeral values of the sought after sizes of temperature Tm,, pressures Pm and speeds vm as it applies to air EE thin copper conductor under the action of LIC of the microsecond temporal range can arrive at a few ten of thousands of Kelvin, hundreds of technical atmospheres and thousands of meters in a second accordingly. It is shown that similar values of speed vm of shock wave in «metallic plasma» are comparable at speed of detonation wave in hard explosives. An accent is in this connection done on expedience of application air EE thin short metallic conductors at injury of live ammunitions with an ordinary and nuclear explosive. The real technical suggestions are offered on a possible receipt in the discharge circuit of powerful high-voltage generator of LIC of condenser type of «record» (most) values of the examined descriptions of «metallic plasma» at air EE thin metallic conductors. Comparison of the obtained results is executed for the probed descriptions of plasma at air EE of the metal conductor with known in the world information in area of electrophysics and thermal physics EE metal in gas environments. Originality. The obtained new theoretical results in area of high-current electrophysics and high-temperature thermal physics extend our physical views about the phenomenon of EE in atmospheric air of thin metallic conductors under action of LIC of the nanosecond and microsecond duration. Practical value. Application of the calculation correlations obtained in practice for the indicated descriptions of «metallic plasma» will allow technicians-and-engineers in a certain measure to accelerate and improve adjusting of difficult electric charts of powerful high-voltage generator of LIC at a receipt in his discharge circuit by air EE of thin metal conductors required on protocol of lead through of heavy-current electrophysics experiments of parameters of plasma in the local zone of its explosion.
1. Mesiats G.A. Impul'snaia energetika i elektronika [Pulsed power and electronics]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 2004. 704 p. (Rus).
2. Dashuk P.N., Zayents S.L., Komel'kov V.S., Kuchinskiy G.S., Nikolaevskaya N.N., Shkuropat P.I., Shneerson G.A. Tehnika bol'shih impul'snyh tokov i magnitnyh polej [Technique large pulsed currents and magnetic fields]. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1970. 472 p. (Rus).
3. Knopfel' G. Sverkhsil'nye impul'snye magnitnye polia [Ultra strong pulsed magnetic fields]. Moscow, Mir Publ., 1972. 391 p. (Rus).
4. Stolovich N.N. Elektrovzryvnye preobrazovateli energii [Electroexplosion energy converters]. Minsk, Nauka & Tehnika Publ., 1983. 151 p. (Rus).
5. Burtsev V.A., Kalinin N.V., Luchynskiy A.V. Elektricheskiy vzryv provodnikov i ego primenenie v elektrofizicheskikh ustanovkakh [Electric explosion of conductors and its application in electrophysical options]. Moscow, Energoatomisdat Publ., 1990. 288 p. (Rus).
6. Gulyi G.A. Nauchnye osnovy razriadno-impul'snykh tekhnologii [Scientific basis of the discharge-pulse technology]. Kiev, Naukova Dumka Publ., 1990. 208 p. (Rus).
7. Lerner M.I. Formation of nano-sizes phase at the electric explosion of explorers. Russian Physics Journal, 2006, vol.49, no.6, pp. 91-95.
8. Baranov M.I., Lysenko V.O. The main characteristics of an electric explosion of a metallic conductor at high impulse currents. Electricity, 2013, no.4, pp.24-30. (Rus).
9. Baranov M.I. An anthology of the distinguished achievements in science and technique. Part 40: The scientific opening of the method of explosive implosion for the obtaining above critical mass of nuclear charge and Ukrainian «track» in the «Manhattan» American atomic project. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2017, no.5, pp. 3-13. doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2017.5.01.
10. Kuz'michev V.E. Zakony i formuly fiziki [Laws and formulas of physics]. Kiev, Naukova Dumka Publ., 1989. 864 p. (Rus).
11. Baranov M.I. Izbrannye voprosy elektrofiziki: Monografija v 2-h tomah. Tom 2, Kn. 1: Teorija elektrofizicheskih effektov i zadach [Selected topics of Electrophysics: Monograph in 2 vols. Vol. 2, book. 1: Theory of electrophysics effects and tasks]. Kharkov, NTU «KhPI» Publ., 2009. 384 p. (Rus).
12. Raiser Yu.P. Fizika gazovogo razryada [Physics of gas discharge]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1987. 592 p. (Rus).
13. Rose K. Maksimal'naya temperatura vzryva provolochek v vakuume / V kn. per. s angl.: Elektricheskiy vzryv provodnikov [The maximum temperature of a wire explosion in a vacuum / In book trans. with English: Electric explosion of conductors]. Moscow, Mir Publ., 1965, pp. 43-46. (Rus).
14. Baranov M.I. Analytical calculation of critical values of integral of current for parent metals, applied in the technique of large impulsive currents at the electric explosion of explorers. Technical Electrodynamics, 2008, no.6, pp. 14-17. (Rus).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 M. I. Baranov, S. V. Rudakov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.