CALCULATION AND EXPERIMENTAL ESTIMATION OF RESULTS OF ELECTRO-THERMAL ACTION OF RATIONED BY THE INTERNATIONAL STANDARD IEC 62305-1-2010 IMPULSE CURRENT OF SHORT BLOW OF ARTIFICIAL LIGHTNING ON THE THIN-WALLED COVERAGE FROM STAINLESS STEEL
Keywords:artificial lightning impulse current of temporary shape 10/350 μs, thin-walled coverage made of stainless steel, electro-thermal effect of lightning current to the steel cover, radius and depth of penetration of the steel wall coverage
AbstractPurpose. Calculation and experimental researches of electro-thermal resistibility of the pre-production thin-walled sheet models of outward roof of height technical buildings from stainless steel are easily soiled 12Х18Н10Т to direct action on them rationed by the International Standard IEC 62305-1-2010 aperiodic impulse of current of short bow of artificial lightning of temporal form 10/350 μs with the proper admittances on his peak-temporal parameters (PTP). Methodology. Electrophysics bases of technique of high voltage and large impulsive currents (LIC), and also scientific and technical bases of planning of high-voltage impulsive devices and measuring methods in them LIC with followings below extreme PTP: amplitude of impulse of current of ImL=200 кА (with admittance ±10 %); integral of action of impulse of current of JL=10·106 A2·s (with admittance ±35 %); %); duration of wavefront current of T1=10 μs (with admittance ±20 %); time, proper amplitude of impulse of current of ImL, tmL≤24 μs (with admittance ±20 %); duration of flowing of impulse of current of T2=350 μs (with admittance ±10 %). Results. The results of evaluation calculation and experimental researches of electro-thermal resistibility of the indicated pre-production sheet models are resulted measuring in the plan of 0,5 x 0,5 m from stainless steel are easily soiled the 12Х18Н10Т thickness of 1 mm to action on them of aperiodic impulse of current of short blow of artificial lightning with rationed PTP on the requirements of the International Standard IEC 62305-1-2010. In high current experiments amplitude of ImL of the aperiodic rationed impulse of current of artificial lightning of temporal form of T1/T2=15 μs/315 μs changed in the range of (100-184) кА. The integral of action of JL of impulse of current for I-IV of levels of protection of lightning of technical objects (TO) numeral made from 2,32·106 А2·s to 7,88·106 А2·s, and the flowing through the probed pre-production steel models electric charge of qL numeral changed from 44,2 Kl to 81,3 Kl. It is shown that direct influence rationed by the International Standard IEC 62305-1-2010 impulse of current of short blow of artificial lightning with in-use PTP on the indicated pre-production steel models causes in them the rounded small hole of melting of surface of coverage a depth no more than 50 μm and diameter no more than 60 mm. The results of calculation and experiment coincide within the limits of 5 %. Originality. First in world practice on the unique generator of LIC of short blow of artificial lightning of type of GITM-10/350 experimental researches of electro-thermal resistibility of pre-production sheet models of outward roof are conducted TO of stainless steel 12Х18Н10Т is easily soiled to direct action on them of impulses of current of an artificial storm air spark digit with extreme parameters. Practical value. Drawing on the got results in practice of protection height TO from linear lightning will allow substantially to promote their functional and fire-prevention safety in the conditions of direct action on them of the plasma ductings of high current storm air spark discharge.
1. Baranov M.I., Kniaziev V.V., Kravchenko V.I., Rudakov S.V. Results of calculation-experimental investigations of electro-thermal resistibility of sheet steel samples to action of rationed components of pulsed current of artificial lightning. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2016, no.3, pp. 40-49. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2016.3.07.
2. SAE ARP 5412: 2013. Aircraft Lightning Environment and Ralated Test Waveforms. SAE Aerospace. USA, 2013. − pp. 1-56.
3. SAE ARP 5416: 2013. Aircraft Lightning Test Methods. SAE Aerospace. USA, 2013. − pp. 1-145.
4. Baranov M.I., Koliushko G.M., Kravchenko V.I., Nedzel’skii O.S., Dnyshchenko V.N. A Current Generator of the Artificial Lightning for Full-Scale Tests of Engineering Objects. Instruments and Experimental Technique, 2008, no.3, pp. 401-405. doi: 10.1134/s0020441208030123.
5. IEC 62305-1: 2010 «Protection against lightning. Part 1: General principles». Geneva, IEC Publ., 2010.
6. Lozanskiy E.D., Firsov O.B. Teorija iskry [Theory of spark]. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1975. 272 p. (Rus).
7. Baranov M.I. Izbrannye voprosy elektrofiziki. Tom 2, Kn. 2: Teoriia elektrofizicheskikh effektov i zadach [Selected topics of Electrophysics. Vol.2, Book 2. A theory of electrophysical effects and tasks]. Kharkiv, NTU «KhPІ» Publ., 2010. 407 p. (Rus).
8. Rayzer Yu.P. Fizika gazovogo razrjada [Physics of gas charge]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1987. 592 p. (Rus).
9. Kuzhekin I.P., Larionov V.P., Prohorov E.N. Molnija i molniezashchita [Lightning and protection from lightning]. Moscow, Znak Publ., 2003. 330 p. (Rus).
10. Abramov N.R., Kuzhekin I.P., Larionov V.P. Characteristics of penetration of the walls of metal objects when exposed to lightning. Electricity, 1986, no.11, pp. 22-27. (Rus).
11. Baranov M.I. An approximate calculation of the maximum temperature of the plasma in high-current high-voltage spark discharge channel switch air atmospheric pressure. Tekhnichna Elektrodynamika, 2010, no.5, pp. 18-21. (Rus).
12. Kuz'michev V.E. Zakony i formuly fiziki [Laws and formulas of physics]. Kiev, Naukova Dumka Publ., 1989. 864 p. (Rus).
13. Available at: http://www.sgkarkas.ru/spravochnik/marochnik_stalej/12h18n10t (Accessed 11 July 2015).
14. Baranov M.I. Izbrannye voprosy elektrofiziki. Tom 3: Teorija i praktika elektrofizicheskih zadach [Selected topics of Electrophysics. Vol. 3: Theory and practice of electrophysics tasks]. Kharkiv, Tochka Publ., 2014. 400 p. (Rus).
15. Baranov M.I. Izbrannye voprosy elektrofiziki: Monografija v 2-h tomah. Tom 2, Kn. 1: Teorija elektrofizicheskih effektov i zadach [Selected topics of Electrophysics: Monograph in 2 vols. Vol. 2, book. 1: Theory of electrophysics effects and tasks]. Kharkov, NTU «KhPI» Publ., 2009. 384 p. (Rus).
16. Dashuk P.N., Zayents S.L., Komel'kov V.S., Kuchinskiy G.S., Nikolaevskaya N.N., Shkuropat P.I., Shneerson G.A. Tehnika bol'shih impul'snyh tokov i magnitnyh polej [Technique large pulsed currents and magnetic fields]. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1970. 472 p. (Rus).
17. Gulyi G.A. Nauchnye osnovy razriadno-impul'snykh tekhnologii [Scientific basis of the discharge-pulse technology]. Kiev, Naukova Dumka Publ., 1990. 208 p. (Rus).
18. Mesiats G.A. Impul'snaja energetika i elektronika [Pulsed power and electronics]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 2004. 704 p. (Rus).
19. Baranov M.I., Koliushko G.M., Kravchenko V.I., Rudakov S.V. A powerful high-voltage generator of aperiodic impulses of current of artificial lightning with the peak-temporal parameters rated on an International Standard IEC 62305-1-2010. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2015, no.1, pp. 51-56. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2015.1.10.
20. Baranov M.I., Koliushko G.M., Kravchenko V.I., Rudakov S.V. A generator of aperiodic current pulses of artificial lightning with a rationed temporal form of 10 μs/350 μs with an amplitude of ±(100–200) kA. Instruments and Experimental Techniques, 2015, vol.58, no.6, pp. 745-750. doi: 10.1134/s0020441215060032.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 M. I. Baranov, V. V. Kniaziev, S. V. Rudakov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.