AN ANTHOLOGY OF THE DISTINGUISHED ACHIEVEMENTS IN SCIENCE AND TECHNIQUE. PART 36: NOBEL PRIZE LAUREATES IN PHYSICS FOR 1995-1999
Keywords:modern physics, achievements, tаu-lepton, electronic neutrino, superfluidity of liquid helium-3, cooling and «capture» of atoms, quantum liquid with excitations of fractional electric charge, quantum structure of electroweak interactions
AbstractPurpose. Implementation of brief analytical review of the distinguished scientific achievements of the world scientists-physicists, awarded the Nobel Prize in physics for period 1995-1999. Methodology. Scientific methods of collection, analysis and analytical treatment of scientific and technical information of world level in area of modern theoretical and experimental physics. Results. The brief analytical review of the scientific openings and distinguished achievements of scientists-physicists is resulted in area of modern physical and technical problems which were marked the Nobel bonuses on physics for period 1995-1999. Originality. Systematization is executed with exposition in the short concentrated form of the known scientific and technical materials, devoted opening of tau-lepton, experimental discovery of electronic neutrino, opening of superfluidity of liquid helium-3, creation of methods of cooling and «capture» of atoms by a laser ray, opening of new form of quantum liquid with excitations of fractional electric charge and clearing up of quantum structure of electroweak interactions of elementary particles scientists-physicists. Practical value. Popularization and deepening of scientific and technical knowledges for students, engineer and technical specialists and research workers in area of modern theoretical and experimental physics, extending their scientific range of interests and further development of scientific and technical progress in human society.
1. Available at: http://news.21.by/other-news/2012/10/09/635932.html (accessed 09 October 2012).
2. Kuz'michev V.E. Zakony i formuly fiziki [Laws and formulas of physics]. Kiev, Naukova Dumka Publ., 1989. 864 p. (Rus).
3. Baranov M.I. Antologiia vydaiushchikhsia dostizhenii v nauke i tekhnike: Monografiia v 2-kh tomakh. Tom 1. [An anthology of outstanding achievements in science and technology: Monographs in 2 vols. Vol.1]. Kharkov, NTMT Publ., 2011. 311 p. (Rus).
4. Khramov Yu.A. Istoriia fiziki [History of Physics]. Kiev, Feniks Publ., 2006. 1176 p. (Rus).
5. Available at: http://www.peoples.ru/science/physics/martin_lewis_perl (accessed 11 April 2012). (Rus).
6. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Reines (accessed 15 August 2012).
7. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Lee_(physicist) (accessed 25 September 2013).
8. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Coleman_Richardson (accessed 22 May 2012).
9. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Osheroff (accessed 21 February 2012).
10. Baranov M.I. Izbrannye voprosy elektrofiziki: Monografija v 2-h tomah. Tom 1: Elektrofizika i vydajushhiesja fiziki mira [Selected topics electrophysics: Monographs in 2 vols. Vol.1: Electrophysics and outstanding physics of the world]. Kharkov, NTU «KhPI» Publ., 2008. 252 p. (Rus).
11. Available at: http://www.nkj.ru/archive/articles/10172 (accessed 05 May 2011).
12. Available at: http://lenta.ru/lib/14194434 (accessed 19 April 2012).
13. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Chu (accessed 10 July 2011).
14. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Daniel_Phillips (accessed 23 March 2012).
15. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_Cohen-Tannoudji (accessed 03 May 2012).
16. Kuhling H. Spravochnik po fizike. Per. s nem. [Dictonary on Physics. Translated from German]. Moscow, Mir Publ., 1982. 520 p. (Rus).
17. Baranov M.I. An anthology of the distinguished achievements in science and technique. Part 34: Discovery and study of quantum-wave nature of microscopic world of matter. Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2016, no.5, pp. 3-15. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2016.5.01.
18. Available at: http://vivovoco.astronet.ru/VV/NEWS/PRIRODA/1999/NB_PHYS.HTM (accessed 10 April 2014). (Rus).
19. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horst_Ludwig_St%C3%B6rmer (accessed 12 May 2011).
20. Available at: http://www.nkj.ru/archive/articles/8176 (accessed 23 July 2013). (Rus).
21. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_B._Laughlin (accessed 06 December 2013).
22. Available at: http://gruzdoff.ru/wiki/’т_Хоофт,_Герард (accessed 21 May 2012). (Rus).
23. Available at: http://velchel.ru/index.php?cnt=9&nbio=704&nubsub=0&sub=0 (accessed 11 April 2013). (Rus).
24. Available at: http://encyclopaedia.biga.ru/enc/science_and_technology/VELTMAN_MARTIN.html (accessed 18 September 2013). (Rus).
25. Available at: http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/physics (accessed 02 June 2015).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 M. I. Baranov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.