RESULTS OF CALCULATION-EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATIONS OF ELECTRO-THERMAL RESISTIBILITY OF SHEET STEEL SAMPLES TO ACTION OF RATIONED COMPONENTS OF PULSED CURRENT OF ARTIFICIAL LIGHTNING
Keywords:main components of lightning current, impulse current generator of artificial lightning, flat steel sample, electro-thermal resistibility to lightning
AbstractPurpose. Calculation and experimental researches of the electro-thermal resistibility of the steel sheet samples to action standard pulse current components of the artificial lightning with amplitude-time parameters (ATP), corresponded the requirements of normative documents of USA for SAE ARP 5412 & SAE ARP 5416. Methodology. Electrophysics bases of technique of high tensions and large impulsive currents (LIC), and also scientific and technical bases of planning of devices of high-voltage impulsive technique and measuring in them LIC. Сurrent amplitude ImA=±200 kA (with a tolerance of ±10 %); current action integral JA=2∙106 A2·s (with a tolerance of ±20 %); time, corresponding to the amplitude of the current ImA, tmA≤50 microseconds; the duration of the current flow τpA≤500 microseconds. Results. The results of the evaluation of the calculated and experimental studies of electro-thermal resistance of the samples of plates measuring 0,5 m ´ 0,5 m stainless steel 1 mm thickness to the action on them artificial lightning impulse currents with rationed ATP on the requirements of normative documents of USA for SAE ARP 5412 & SAE ARP 5416. A pulse A- component have a first amplitude 192 kA, the corresponding time of 34 μs, and the duration aperiodic component amplitude 804 A, corresponding to the time 9 ms. It has been shown that the long C- component current of artificial lightning can lead to keyhole these samples. The diameter of the holes in this thin steel sheet, which is formed during the flow of current C- components can reach 15 mm. The results of calculation and experiment agree within 28 %. Originality. For the first time in world practice on the generator large pulsed currents experimental studies of resistibility of sheet steel samples to the action of artificial lightning currents with critical parameters. Practical value. Using the results obtained in the practice of lightning protection will significantly improve the functionality and fire safety of different objects in conditions of exposure to linear lightning.
1. Yuman M.A. Molniya [Lightning]. Moscow, Mir Publ., 1972. 327 p. (Rus).
2. Kravchenko V.I. Molniya. Elektromahnitny faktory i porazhayushchie vozdeystviya na tekhnycheskie sredstva [Lightning. Electromagnetic factors and their impact on the striking technical objects]. Kharkov, NTMT Publ., 2010. 292 p. (Rus).
3. SAE ARP 5412: 2013. Aircraft Lightning Environment and Ralated Test Waveforms. SAE Aerospace. USA, 2013. pp. 1-56.
4. SAE ARP 5416: 2013. Aircraft Lightning Test Methods. SAE Aerospace. USA, 2013. pp. 1-145.
5. Baranov M.I., Koliushko G.M., Kravchenko V.I., Nedzel’skii O.S., Dnyshchenko V.N. A Current Generator of the Artificial Lightning for Full-Scale Tests of Engineering Objects. Pribory i tehnika eksperimenta − Instruments and Experimental Technique, 2008, no.3, pp. 401-405. doi: 10.1134/s0020441208030123.
6. IEC 62305-1: 2010 «Protection against lightning. Part 1: General principles». Geneva, IEC Publ., 2010.
7. Available at: http://www.sgkarkas.ru/spravochnik/marochnik_stalej/12h18n10t (accessed 15 May 2013). (Rus).
8. Baranov M.I. Izbrannye voprosy elektrofiziki. Tom 2, Kn. 2: Teoriia elektrofizicheskikh effektov i zadach [Selected topics of Electrophysics. Vol.2, Book 2. A theory of electrophysical effects and tasks]. Kharkiv, NTU «KhPІ» Publ., 2010. 407 p. (Rus).
9. Karslou G., Eger D. Teploprovodnost' tverdykh tel / Per. s angl. [Heat conductivity of solids / Transl. from Eng.]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1964. 487 p. (Rus).
10. Dronov V.N., Serkov A.A. Komp'iuternaia programma dlja rascheta struktury elektrotermicheskogo vozdeistvija toka molnii na metallicheskuju obshivku / Svidetel'stvo o registratsii avtorskogo prava № 30557 ot 06.10.2009. Vydano gosudarstvennoi sluzhboi intellektual'noi sobstvennosti Ukrainy [Computer program for the calculation of structure of electro-thermal action of current of lightning on the metallic edging / Testifying to registration of copyright no.30557 from 06.10.2009. It is given out government service intellectual property of Ukraine]. (Rus).
11. Berzan V.P., Gelikman B.Yu., Guraevsky M.N., Ermuratsky V.V., Kuchinsky G.S., Mezenin O.L., Nazarov N.I., Peregudova E.N., Rud' V.I., Sadovnikov A.I., Smirnov B.K., Stepina K.I. Elektricheskie kondensatory i kondensatornye ustanovki. Spravochnik [The electrical capacitors and condenser options. Directory]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1987, 656 p. (Rus).
12. Baranov M.I., Koliushko G.M., Kravchenko V.I., Nedzel'skiy O.S. High-voltage high-current generator air gaps of the current artificial lightning. Pribory i tekhnika eksperimenta – Instruments and experimental techniques, 2008, no.6, pp. 58-62. (Rus).
13. Baranov M.I., Rudakov S.V. Development of new charts of capacitance-resistance defense of high-voltage capacitors of powerful capacity stores of energy from emergency currents. Elektrotekhnіka і elektromekhanіka – Electrical engineering & electromechanics, 2015, no.6, pp. 47-52. (Rus). doi: 10.20998/2074-272X.2015.6.08.
14. Baranov M.I., Kravchenko V.I. Electrothermal resistance wire and cable to the aircraft to the striking action pulsed current lightning. Elektrichestvo − Electricity, 2013, no.10, pp. 7-15. (Rus).
15. Kuhling H. Spravochnik po fizike. Per. s nem. [Dictonary on Physics. Translated from German]. Moscow, Mir Publ., 1982. 520 p. (Rus).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 M. I. Baranov, V. V. Kniaziev, V. I. Kravchenko, S. V. Rudakov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.